Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have an HDS light that I really like. Its more of an EDC than a gunfighting light but it can work in that category with the interface it has. As a true gunfighting light I like the Streamlight Protac.

The best EDC I've found for me is the Fenix PD30. Very reliable, very compact but large enough to strike with, multi level output, tailcap protected
    click switch, can default full power on with a twist of the bezel. I like it enough that I bought some spares. I would prefer a momentary on option, however everything else works so well that I can overlook that. Before this I was strictly Surefire.
    Last edited by 62-10; 12-04-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavySprocket View Post
    I was just about to mention that. They are very bare bones but, their minimum is 415 lumens as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The Alpha, a 1 cell is 415. The Bravo is or was 600 lumens with 2 cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 62-10 View Post
    The best EDC I've found for me is the Fenix PD30. Very reliable, very compact but large enough to strike with, multi level output, tailcap protected
    click switch, can default full power on with a twist of the bezel. I like it enough that I bought some spares. I would prefer a momentary on option, however everything else works so well that I can overlook that. Before this I was strictly Surefire.
    I agree , but now will take a PD 35, 1000 lumens if you want it.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    I kneel for no man and pray to only one God; Jesus Christ.

تدريب لتكون في نهاية المطاف الأمريكي الكافر

CRG 09/2012, TMCO 11/2012, RGF I 09/2013, ACRG 11/2013

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    On the original topic... I've heard the arguments for momentary-only switching, single brightness level, and not going crazy with the lumens, but I'm not sure I want to restrict myself like that if it's not necessary. It seems to me like more flexibility doesn't have to affect tactical concerns, if implemented correctly.

Momentary and constant-on should definitely not be combined in the same switch, but the switching can easily be separated (twist for constant on, separate switches, etc.).

Brightness switching should definitely not be combined with the activation switch, but why not have another way of selecting brightness level if desired that doesn't affect tactical effectiveness?

You may not want your immediate activation to generate 1,000 lumens, but why not have the option of switching to something dimmer or brighter than your preferred instant-on level, as desired in a specific situation?

I agree that most of the options out there are not suitable for tactical applications. But I also think that technology has given us a situation where we don't have to limit our options to get what we want.

So my ideal flashlight would be one that had a primary activation button that always and only provided momentary-on with a brightness level of whatever I have chosen, and then some kind of secondary controls that allowed me to choose constant-on and a range of brightness from extremely dim to extremely bright.

This would be a flashlight design that could be adapted to many possible applications instead of only being limited to a very narrow range of uses.
    Nobody is ever going to get everything they want in a flashlight. I carry two. One Olight S1R with variable brightness for EDC. And/or A FourSevens Quark Tactical QT2L-X, 750 lumens or SureFire Tactical 800 both at their highest setting for other than normal situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk