Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Light / laser combos or lasers on pistols & PDWs.

How many have pistols and PDWs with dedicated light laser combos or lasers only?

Are they special purpose or for carry / duty use?

I have a few pistols that have lasers dedicated to them. They have an assigned role that allows them to be zeroed and standing by for those roles. They are trained with about every quarter, this verifies function and familiarity as well as confirming their retention of zero.

20180213_191509.jpg

The above pictured TLR-2IRW laser and the CT LG-452 are the two new additions I have been working with. Both have held zero rather well.
    The TLR-2 is capable of being removed from the gun very easily, whereas the LG-452 has three screws that require a small allen head wrench for removal and installation. Both are grip activated the TLR-2 has an available contour tape switch and the LG-452 has its switch integral to the housing.

v/r

JD

There are definite advantages to a third sight system vis-a-vis a laser. I have two Suarez 317s with RMRs and Crimson Trace Laserguards...just waiting to find a damn holster for them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have a TLR-2 on my duty G17. I’m a shield man and K9 handler.
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

JD, when you get some time on the Crimson Trace Laserguard, let us know what you think of it.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Tull View Post
    JD, when you get some time on the Crimson Trace Laserguard, let us know what you think of it.
    If one is built like the side of a mountain, and carries two G34s easily AIWB...I can totally see putting a laser on one.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Tull View Post
    Eric,

I have had a few range sessions with it and have found it to be a definite asset. It has maintained its zero until I took it off because I did not have a holster for it and need the gun as a back up.
    It was zeroed POA = POI on the tip of the green triangle. I am going to try it on a few guns that have double undercuts and see how fitment is, the one pictured has only a slight undercut for the social finger.
    Once it is back on the gun I will see how close it is to the original zero and see what I can get away with at increased distance.

v/r

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    If one is built like the side of a mountain, and carries two G34s easily AIWB...I can totally see putting a laser on one.
    Brent,

I think Eric can pull it off.

If the holster can be designed and built with minimal bulk it should be doable by everyone that selects to carry that configuration.

v/r

JD

I agree, with a good holster I’m sure that laser would work well for anybody.

I meant that tongue-in-cheek. Eric is big enough he could probably pull off carrying a Stakeout in appendix
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

I concur 100% .

Eric probably ankle carries dual 19s as back ups to the 34's.

v/r

JD

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Or an M203, for him.
    KRG-1: Kalashnikov Rifle Gunfighting
    HRO-5: Terrorist and Active Shooter Interdiction
    CRG-4: Force On Force Gunfighting
    CRG-5: Zero To Five Feet Gunfighting
    Red Dot Combat Pistol School
    HRO-6/HRO-7: CQB-Fighting in Structures/Team Tactics, Urban Warfare Weekend

TWOTU since 2016