Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You’ll have to check out the streamlight I’ve been carrying. The “TenTap” programmable switch allows you toy set it to single output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.streamlight.com/en/produ...ex/protac-2l-x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been carrying a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA and it has worked well. Removable pocket clip, uses either CR123A or AA batteries and is fairly small. Can be programmed to suit your needs.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"
    Thomas Jefferson

Seen on Bumper Sticker:
    I may be an old dog
    But I can still bury a bone

CRG2- 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Well...I am looking for a few for the tribe as well as so I can say to a student, "Hey...this is the one". That way they don't show up with some stupid Walgreen $20 light to class.
    Have you tried going to SF direct with your ideas on the “perfect” combat light? It’s my understanding that Yeager had a hand, or ideas in, on the new Tactician? I don’t know if SF would design/produce a customer spec’d light that you could put on the gear store for pre-order to prove there are people who want something this side of super nova bright? Just spit balling, as I’ve no idea how many pieces would make it worthwhile for you, or SF to dick with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    Thats the light I currently use, along with the ProTac 1L, until the Tactician hits the regular market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    I´ve been carrying a Surefire 6PX Tactical for years now
    Thanks for mentioning that one. I lost track of mine a while back, and you mentioning it triggered where it might be. FOUND IT! Ha! I also found 10+ g19 mags... I may have to reflect a bit on my storage situation...

At the rate they are developing brighter and brighter lights it might be time to develop some sort of snap on sunglasses cap to bring the lumens back down to something usable...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Surefire still has a bunch with the right switch - gentle for low, slam hard for bright. Agreed you have to read carefully now. Also the max vision stuff sounds stupid. You know it will auto adjust to what you don't need when you really will get killed when it's wrong.

I'm very annoyed by the new vampires and aviators. Push once for high. Push again for low. Total crap.

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/flashlights.html

EDCL2-T but 1200 lumens.
    EDCL1-T but 600 lumens.
    PX Fury but 600 lumens
    E2D LED Defender but 600 lumens
    Last edited by gssc; 12-02-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Have you tried going to SF direct with your ideas on the “perfect” combat light? It’s my understanding that Yeager had a hand, or ideas in, on the new Tactician? I don’t know if SF would design/produce a customer spec’d light that you could put on the gear store for pre-order to prove there are people who want something this side of super nova bright? Just spit balling, as I’ve no idea how many pieces would make it worthwhile for you, or SF to dick with?
    SF stopped making good lights a while ago it seems and now they are focused on Lumen-nerds. The "tactician" sounds like another Lumen-Nerd light. The only improvement there is xeletion of the variable output stuff.

700 lumens? Please. That is like grenade combat in an elevator.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The night shift is using the G2X Tactical (320 Lum, single output), the G2X Pro (15 Lum, 320 Lum) or the G2X LE (15 Lum, 400 Lum). It's a simple conversion to make the dual output lights into high-output only. The e-series hasn't seen much traction.

Off the clock, I'm still using a Lumamax single output at 180 advertised lumens. I may put a new head on it for 500 l. There're still plenty of good older lights on eBay, though that really doesn't help at the school level.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle