Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I understand that everyone is racing to build lights that also double as fire starters... because people buy them, but if anyone wants a low out put light that wont also destroy their own night vision its impossible. I was even considering stream light and surefires pen lights just because of their lumen out put. I just wasnt sure of how durable they would be. I should get one and test it...
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

The last time I shopped for a new light I discovered I could upgrade the lamp in my Surefire Z2 to 420 lumens for $30. With 700 you could target the Luftwaffe.

I work in buildings with low bidder emergency lighting. I always have a flash light on me. And, I found the same thing in current offerings. I've been happy with a few O-Lights. My S10 or S2 batons go with me everywhere. Even the little all brass (nice patina) I3 with a single aaa throws a lot of light for what it is. And, I picked up an R50 for... in case I need to target the luftwaffe.
    Last edited by randyho; 12-02-2017 at 11:16 AM.

I spoke to a surefire rep not too long ago about a few lights and it seems they are marketing towards cheapskates that only want to buy one light.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick K View Post
    I spoke to a surefire rep not too long ago about a few lights and it seems they are marketing towards cheapskates that only want to buy one light.

At $150 per light, I find that difficult to believe...specially when Chicom Bubba Lights grow on Walmart's trees for $25 a pop.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Rep said more folks were buying 1 light with a dual switch than a higher lumen / lower lumen light.

I don't think they even manufacture single output switches anymore...

A someone already stated, the new SF Tactician is about the only single output combat light on the market, and it isn’t “on the market”yet. 700 Lumens is quite a lot, brighter than the sun even, but from my research, the Tactician is where I’m going to put my dollars when I don’t have to order it from Yeager.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    A someone already stated, the new SF Tactician is about the only single output combat light on the market, and it isn’t “on the market”yet. 700 Lumens is quite a lot, brighter than the sun even, but from my research, the Tactician is where I’m going to put my dollars when I don’t have to order it from Yeager.

Well...I am looking for a few for the tribe as well as so I can say to a student, "Hey...this is the one". That way they don't show up with some stupid Walgreen $20 light to class.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have a handy single AA light from Quark that you can program for two outputs and switch between the them by twisting the bezel. Simple click on/off tailcap. I don't consider it a fightling light at 106 lumens it was great when I was inspecting foreclosures. I keep it programmed for the max 106 and 40 lumen moonglow settings. I like that I don't have to click through other settings to get what I want. They may have other offerings with a similar set-up.
    Last edited by Pict; 12-02-2017 at 12:28 PM.