Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Check out the JetBeam Jet-3M Pro Military

Two levels set by twisting the head:

Tighten the head, full out output, always.

Loosen head about 1/4 turn, user settable mode like moonlight or strobe.....

Can run on 18650 rechargeables or 2XCR123.

Quote Originally Posted by 336Whiskey View Post
    Check out the JetBeam Jet-3M Pro Military

Two levels set by twisting the head:

Tighten the head, full out output, always.

Loosen head about 1/4 turn, user settable mode like moonlight or strobe.....

Can run on 18650 rechargeables or 2XCR123.
    My dog walker is a IIM which is a little bit lighter and easier to pocket, and I love it, but it's about 700-odd lumens too bright for a EDC CQB light.

Now, THAT fits the bill, and from a brand I'd trust for the role that isn't Surefire or Streamlight.

E7207EB4-658E-47D6-8D2F-7688EB2829AA.jpgA0E36B0F-8B8C-4CE5-9925-C1CDD6C8C2CF.jpg1AD187AC-82FA-4C88-A0E6-E0CCF02683A3.jpg4569083C-BD40-45A8-AA34-DD5943B1690C.jpgMy EDC. It’s not a 1000 lumen monster, but it’s bright, sturdy, concealable and, I’m told, doesn’t feel good when used as a come-along device or hammerfist enhancer.

It’s slightly crenelated at the bezel, but still makes it through TSA, UK, and Canadian airport security theater. One single cell lithium rechargeable or a standard alakaline or lithium AA battery goes a long time. More lumens come from the lithium rechargeable, as this cell has more juice than a standard AA.

8 years on three continents, and she never leaves my pocket. That and my 8.5oz G&G leather sap, errr paperweight, from my Deputy days.
    Last edited by Rich_M; 02-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.

I recently found this.
    Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA 350 Lumen Dual Fuel Professional Tactical Light

It's not an eyeball blaster and can be set to one setting only.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    I recently found this.
    Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA 350 Lumen Dual Fuel Professional Tactical Light

It's not an eyeball blaster and can be set to one setting only.
    I've owned one and really liked it. It was not up to surefire or malkoff quality or construction, but was a real bargain for the price, and it fits scout mounts designed for the surefires. Beam profile and output are very usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntindoc View Post
    I'm considering one of the "Olight M2R" flashlights after much research. What I like about it is that while it has variable features, the tailcap button does one thing. It brings the light on at the highest setting. Arguably it may be too bright at that setting but at least you are not cycling through settings while you should be shooting. I also like the desktop recharging unit that you just set the light on the charger and there is goes. Deep pocket, reversible carry and a magnetic base. And the pocket clip can be used on a hat though it may be a little heavy for that. The Youtube reviews look promising. Anyone here have one?
    I have one. Great little light. I donít consider it an EDC light because how thick it is. That and my S2R are mostly relegated to my house lights. The tail cap switch is great except that you canít use the flat of your thumb to turn it on like the SureFire, Fenix, FourSeven, etc. you have to use the tip of your thumb. It may not bother most but it was noticeable enough for me to focus on it while carrying. Also, I like the side switch where you could change the brightness.

One thing, I wish there was a way to lockout the tail switch like you can the side switch. I had the light in the accompanying belt pouch when it came on from the tail switch. I didnít notice it until the pouch started smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk