Default Saiga 12 style shotguns no longer imported?

I was just trying to find out how much a saiga 12 that has been converted was worth, when low and behold I couldn't find any for sale.

The closest to a saiga is below that is now available new. IIRC uses a different magazine.
    advertised at atlantic arms:
    Vepr 12 Gauge Shotgun Factory Folding $999 in stock at atlantic arms

This Version of the Vepr 12 Semi Auto Shotgun features the original metal folding stock (welded in open position), This is your chance to own one of these highly sought after shotguns , The Vepr 12 gauge shotgun is known around the world as one of the finest IPSC and 3 Gun shotguns made. Everything about the Vepr is heavy duty and built like a Russian Tank. Comes With One 5 Round Magazine ( Shown with SGM Drum Mag and Optics NOT INCLUDED) .
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Thanks bro, The original saiga ones I saw on guns america(or something like that) are priced like collectors items. Maybe I should just hold on to it. I built one the same way Gabe had his, I have only used it a hand full of times.

Moral of this story:

Keep original boxes with the serial number, mags, manuals and do-dads. The collectors value with all intact is greatly enhanced. The Norinco/Polytech AKs in original boxes are worth a darn site more than the $200 originally paid for them.

The minute that gubmint bans new sales or imports, the collectors value starts to kick in.

Choirboy

Really depends on the model, as the barrels can vary. I would check gunbroker for the specific model and see what else are going for, based on condition. I would strongly recommend holding onto it, If a Izhmash made one is something you really desire in your collection. If not, sell it, and eaither get a Vepr, Kalashnikov USA KS-12 or get one of the SDS Imports Cheetah or Lynx 12's. I would recommend going with the KS-12 or SDS guns if you already have magazines, the VEPR mags are not compatible. I have the Cheetah12, it is much better made than the earlier DDI-12, it has a CHF bolt. Also if you want the best mags for Saiga Platform or VEPR, check out CSSpecs they make amazing quality steel magazines now that will last forever.
    What type of Saiga12 do you have?

In my opinion....all of these are absolute trash. But some guys like trash I suppose.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    In my opinion....all of these are absolute trash. But some guys like trash I suppose.
    Their tactical applications are extremely limited. I bought mine for collecting and range toy purposes, got a decent deal on it at the local shop. They are very fun to shoot. I would stick to my pump action for any serious use, much lighter and quicker to keep full. Sometimes its just fun to shred paper targets to confetti with birdshot.