Default Does SI milled 43 slide require suppressor height sights?

I have searched for them in preparation
    for sending in my slide, but I don't find
    any that are suppressor height.

Input please.

Thanks.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I recommend using the gun as it comes from SI before considering any further modifications. Given that smaller guns like these are often used for close range point shooting without using either sight system, a full cowitness for more precision at longer ranges may be less of a priority than with a larger gun.

A year ago SI milled my S&W Shield 9mm for the Shield RMS. The end product looked like Gabe’s Glock photos above. I don’t know if SI still offers any S&W work.

My standard height Heine Straight Eight Shield night sights did cowitness, about like the above photos. The Shield RMS Red Dot Sight has a cut out or notch at the back to allow for cowitnessing without suppressor height sights. However, it is less of a cowitness than on my Gunfighter 19 with suppressor sights and an RMR 06.

The Shield RMS notch could be a little wider and deeper as can be seen in the second photo. I carefully filed my notch a little wider and a little lower so it would not occlude the rear Heine notch. The cowitnessing improved.

This is a fairly drastic move to alter the body of the sight, so consider carefully whether you want to go this route. The modification should have no effect on the use of the primary sighting system, the dot, so you are altering the RMS to improve your back up sighting system and perhaps help with the training/learning curve for sighting with your pistol. It’s a trade off.

B4070870-AC24-4798-A6FE-2BAD73EE62FE.jpg
    "... men and women of your armed forces America having signed a blank check to the protection of the American people and to the defense of our constitution, a check payable with their very lives, your military stands ready and confident to defend this country, this experiment in democracy. Secretary of Defense James Mattis, 9/11/17

Gabe & CB3,

Thanks for clarifying.

John
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 11-29-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby