Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    A few years ago I was all excited about the PDW rounds. In particular the 6.5cbj really excited me. I was also a fan of 7.62x25 when it was around. My enthusiasm has waned as the reality set in that 9mm is everywhere and the boutique PDW rounds aren't ever going to take hold, especially in the USA. As cool as a 6.5 cbj Glock would be, a 9mm is way more practical. Maybe down the road I may get into 357 sig or 10mm, but not because I "need" it. Another round would be because I can.

If I need more than a 9mm but less than a 5.56, it's because I'm in the woods and that's why I have a magnum hand cannon. As pumped up as I once was about PDWs and their exotic rounds, I'm kind of past that.

Of course if they released a US legal version of the 6.5cbj, there is no guarantee I wouldn't buy it. Because I can.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    A few years ago I was all excited about the PDW rounds. In particular the 6.5cbj really excited me.... Of course if they released a US legal version of the 6.5cbj, there is no guarantee I wouldn't buy it. Because I can.
    I think they are onto something with the 6.5 CBJ as a PDW round. A US legal version of it would proably sell well as it only requires a barrel and spring swap to convert. A Glock PDW in this caliber would be an interesting option as the 6.5 CBJ trims a pound of weight per 100 rounds over the 9mm.

9mm/100 rounds = 2.63lbs

6.5x25 CBJ/100 rounds = 1.53 lbs (current unobtanium sabot load)

There is the catch. The sabot round is really cool but not legal under current US law. Without that bullet it's pretty much a 30 Luger necked down to 25. Fast and flat, but not more effective than a 9mm. With that bullet it has rifle like penetration at rifle ish distance in a holsterable side arm.

It's cool. It had me really excited for a while. It's never going to be available to me.