Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Had a feeling that was going to the the reason. I understand the sentiment but I dont really buy it. Using that as a base we either need 12ga glocks or 9mm stakeouts.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Don't be retarded. It's a preference in a perfect world, just like having both platforms use the same mags or using the same color RDS. There is never a down side to commonality.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Don't be retarded.
    Too late. This is another PDW thread after all.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    True story.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Don't be retarded. It's a preference in a perfect world, just like having both platforms use the same mags or using the same color RDS. There is never a down side to commonality.
    HAHAHA Indeed. I just rate the commonality part as nice but not necessary. Thanks dude.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

And on that note of agreement...puppies:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    not to worry. It will start another one before the week is out.
    I carry two kinds of trauma kits. One for fixing it and one for causing it.

I do NOT think there is any thing wrong with a PDW being a different caliber then your handgun. Perhaps someone can only get away with a smaller handgun while wearing swim trunks and want added range power penetration etc of 357 sig , 10mm , 9x25 dillon, 50, etc PDW. It all depends on what your threats are . If they are just two legged does 22 tcm do what you want?

In our context...elaborated several times...the advantage of a PEW is commonality of magazines and ammo with the every day carried pistol.

Those that carry Clock 26, 19, 17 and 34s...which I expect are 90% of everyone here, can benefit from that. The advantages should be obvious I think. Those that have to carry something smaller or different can't take advantage of that and the discussion is a moot issue.

I see no advantage in carrying a Clock 17nand then having a PEW that uses Uzi magazines for example. If you are going to use a pistol caliber try to use a PEW that shares magazines and ammo with your primary.

There arevadvantages to the 9mm over the 223, 300, etc. I hope you guys read what I wrote in that discussion. The farther you get from pistol caliber (50 beowulf...45 magnums, 10mm and stuff like that,), you are missing the point of the weapon.

The PDW is a super sharp little stiletto that is slipped in an eye socket or ear canal. It is not a primary combat weapon or a batttle axe. If you want something to kill bears or stop trucks...the PDW is not your best choice.

If you are tramping around in the weeds, you should not select a PEW. A small AR in 458 SOCOM is not a PDW in the context we are looking at. It is a rifle...regardless of length...in an outdoors caliber.

The PDW is not for riots or for fighting your way out of a roadside ANTIFA party. That is what a stake out in 12 gauge is for.

There is no single caliber or single weapon that will do everything. Study your expected conflicts without dumbing everything down (or saying that stupid phrase "I'm just a civilian"). Then select a weapon or weapons that will address those problems.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The only calibers I would even consider for a PDW are 9mm, .40, and .45. All are widely available with inexpensive ammunition and can be found anywhere. When we start getting into the semi boutique calibers (.357 Sig and 10mm) ammo is available, but not prevalent. It is also not CHEAP (read $0.20 to $0.25 for practice ammo). Defensive ammo is varied and seasonal. Then you have the true Boutique ammo (9x25, 50 GI, 400 CorBon, etc). These are good ideas for niche use (as in a back woods gun, a competition gun, a fun gun), but not for serious use. Manufacturers of the ammunition are able to be counted on one hand. Also, they are vastly exceeding the performance envelopes of the bullets they use. Anyone remember when people pushed .38super fast enough for core jacket separation in mid air?) The companies that produce the ammunition are also not able to QC the ammunition to the extent of companies (technically the same company) Speer and Federal or Hornady. When it comes down to the standard calibers, why would someone want a .40 or .45? .45 doesnít really benefit as much from a longer barrel. .40 isnít a bad round, but the increase in ammo cost and recoil is (debatably) not really worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk