Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    Yes I have seen the training videos and other material that speaks of one eye on RDS and the other through the NV. Question are all RDS compatible with night vision monoculars.
    Yes-ish. If using them in-line with the aid then you really need either the dual-illum (ACOG/RMR), or an RDS that has adjustable brightness other wise it can be over-powering to the aid. If using it as I referenced then yes any will work, I still prefer an adjustable that I can turn down in the dark so it doesn't trash my night vision in my unaided eye, otherwise it can leave a spot in your shooting eye that your natural night vision will need to recover from.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    the aiming thing is really a non issue with bifurcated vision. You run the aid of NVG or FLIR on the non shooting eye and the RDS on the shooting side, bifurcated vision will naturally superimpose the dot on the target down range.
    I've been doing this. I find it very similar to the Bindon aiming concept on VCOGS. I "shift" from one eye to the other. I have the NV on a skull crusher and the thermal on a lanyard and hold it with my non shooting hand.

Quote Originally Posted by gssc View Post
    I've been doing this. I find it very similar to the Bindon aiming concept on VCOGS. I "shift" from one eye to the other. I have the NV on a skull crusher and the thermal on a lanyard and hold it with my non shooting hand.
    Hmmmm. Now THAT is a clever idea.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I'll post a picture of the setup this evening. I was a little worried about posting as it sounds bonkers until you try it. Your brain does stitch together the two images and also let you flip between them.

My context is shooting rats/mice at night on my property, so this is not under the pressure of a pray that can hurt me. I've not engaged anything at distance. I could see a pack of three coyotes at about 200 yards on the thermal in bushes but they were invisible to the NV. By the time I moved closer they were gone.
    Last edited by gssc; 11-29-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

WIN_20171211_21_48_38_Pro.jpg
    the nightstand drawer
    suppressed glock 34 w/infrared laser & light
    pvs 14
    flashlight if needed
    thermal riflescope nearby if needed
    wife loves this for finding the cat outside at bedtime