Default Advice Needed: Tac Sol Conversion Unit

I want to pick up one of the Tac Sol .22 conversion slides for Glock that Gabe has on sale. (I said I was interested, and he came through - least I can do is buy one!)

I'm having a little trouble deciding which I should buy. My primary gun is a G19 with a Suarez slide, barrel, trigger, mag-well, and an RMR.

My project is that I currently have a G34 slide cut for an RMR - I'm planning on picking up internals, a frame, and eventually an RMR to build up a full 34.

My thoughts: if I buy the G19 conversion kit I'll be practicing with the gun I'll most likely have in my hand if I ever need it "for real." However, it will not be set up with an RMR, so the training experience will be undoubtedly different.

If I buy the kit for the G17, I can purchase a G17 frame and use the one frame to play with the 34 slide and the conversion slide. It would still be trigger time on a Glock system, but without messing around with my primary gun every time I want to shoot .22.

Any suggestions? Am I completely over thinking this whole thing?

I'd say you might be overthinking it a little bit, but it makes sense to have it on a different frame so you're not messing with your carry gun to use it.

JMO, but the 22 conversion kits are so unlike shooting a defensive caliber that it just doesn't matter if you're using your carry gun's frame for familiarity. Everything about the experience is different - weight, balance, recoil, and even the trigger to some extent.

The main point of such a conversion is to practice finding the dot, trigger control, drawing etc...basically glorified dry fire with holes in the paper (or dead squirrels).
    The recoil won't be anything like any of your guns so it probably doesn't matter much which frame you put it on.

For $150ish you could buy a dedicated frame for it and not have to dink around switching slides.

Doc
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Can I mill a Tac Sol slide to take a red dot?

PM Sent
    “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

"Victory in war does not depend upon the size of the army, but on the strength that comes from heaven" (1 Maccabees 3:19)

I just got a second gen Polymer80 G19 frame for this very purpose. Haven't finished outfitting it, yet, though. I've got both a Ciener and a Tactical Solutions kit ... look forward to seeing how the new frame works.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

is this kit more reliable then the advantage arms kit?

I'd like to get something for plinking

Honestly if you just want something reliable and accurate for plinking, the Browning Buckmark or Ruger 22/45 or MK** series are far better pistols than any of these conversions.

Interesting