Default Help with Suarez sight height

Maybe Iím missing something so Iím hoping Gabe can chime in and set me straight

From what I understand the sights are

Standard front and rear .215
    Cowitness front and rear .315

Most common I see and run myself is a .250 rear on a .215 front for non RMR

RMR sights I generally see .394 rear on a .315 front

My gen 5 19 will be due back shortly from a RMR mill and I like the Suarez sights however using a sight calculater shows these sights will hit 12Ē low @ 25yards which Iím sure isnít the case

Someone set me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is how we set the sights. We tend to get a zero at ten yards. Sight calculator does not take into consideration you, your ammo, etc. With the red dot coinciding with the tritium dot in front we get eyeballs at ten yards, faces at twenty five and bodies out to 100 yards.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Depends where it's measured from. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trijicons aren't .395" over the slide, that .395" is total height so they're still appx .315" over the slide. 10-8 also recommends a .315" front sight with a .315" (over slide) rear. Dawson's .395" rear actually sits .395" over the slide and is designed for the MOS, and they suggest a .395" front sight to go with it (not recommended for a milled RMR slide, as the sights will be overly tall).

All that to say buy the Suarez sights because they know what they're doing. I have two sets of Suarez sights and they're both .315/.315, and they both have roughly the same POA/POI with 124 gr HST. Neither shoots low.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Thanks Gabe

Are they intended to be poa/poi @ 10 yards blade to blade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again...it may or it may not exactly. There cannot be any guarantees with fixed sights like that because of variables that cannot be foreseen.

I know for "most" it will give a ten yard zero which gives the best zero for 0-100 yards.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters