Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    44,847
    Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    I haven’t even got to play with a Stakeout yet; but is there a role for a laser on that type of weapon?
    Remember the role of the laser. To back up RMR and Irons, and to use from positions where traditional sighting methods are unavailable.

    So you could, but consider the ammo and its effect downrange. A shot that misses from a pistol, will hit with a shotgun. So a large dot RMR (RM08)...even a set of rifle sights like will be on the third model of this weapon system, will be fine. The reason for a small dot RMR and a laser to back it up is the precise nature of the pistol.

    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    782
    Lasers, like you said, are incredible. Shooting from behind cover (ie movie theater from behind a seat, church seating, etc). I would like to get one for my suarez 19 soon. Maybe a green one. Gabe, what is your opinion on the Viridian light/laser combos? They are activated by a magnet in the holster (my holster guy installs them) and come on upon presenting the firearm. You can set it for light, laser, light and laser, strobing, etc. no activation necessary. Curious on your thoughts!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    44,847
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    Lasers, like you said, are incredible. Shooting from behind cover (ie movie theater from behind a seat, church seating, etc). I would like to get one for my suarez 19 soon. Maybe a green one. Gabe, what is your opinion on the Viridian light/laser combos? They are activated by a magnet in the holster (my holster guy installs them) and come on upon presenting the firearm. You can set it for light, laser, light and laser, strobing, etc. no activation necessary. Curious on your thoughts!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMHO the only ones worth considering will be:

    High quality and thus not cheap
    Small and easy to find a custon holster for
    Easy to carry in TRUE CONCEALMENT (that means appendix carry)
    Have a manual shut off switch for times when you do not want the laser
    Able to be zeroed just like a red dot...and retain the zero.
    Useable by primary shooting hand pressure while the finger is on the trigger

    The only one that I have seen with all those components is the Crimson Trace Laserguard Green. The red is almost as good but lacks the shut off switch. Red is OK but green has been easier to see in daylight for me.

    Third choice is the Crimson Trace Lasergrip.


    None of the others are worth the effort.
    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    IMHO the only ones worth considering will be:

    High quality and thus not cheap
    Small and easy to find a custon holster for
    Easy to carry in TRUE CONCEALMENT (that means appendix carry)
    Have a manual shut off switch for times when you do not want the laser
    Able to be zeroed just like a red dot...and retain the zero.
    Useable by primary shooting hand pressure while the finger is on the trigger

    The only one that I have seen with all those components is the Crimson Trace Laserguard Green. The red is almost as good but lacks the shut off switch. Red is OK but green has been easier to see in daylight for me.

    Third choice is the Crimson Trace Lasergrip.


    None of the others are worth the effort.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,294
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    Gabe, what is your opinion on the Viridian light/laser combos? They are activated by a magnet in the holster (my holster guy installs them) and come on upon presenting the firearm. You can set it for light, laser, light and laser, strobing, etc. no activation necessary. Curious on your thoughts!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have seen A LOT of Viridian lasers/lights/light lasers break in the last 10 years.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    I have seen A LOT of Viridian lasers/lights/light lasers break in the last 10 years.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    129
    The application that is being discussed is precisely why my bedside Glock has a laser and has been that way for a couple years now....for that plan C/D or whatever when a perfect sight picture isnt happening. I also zeroed parallel to the bore. Id rather know the impact would be a couple inchs above the laser dot then try and do some kind of math problem in my head to determine PIO because distance to target isnt what it was zeroed to. No one is doing an ear canal shot when you are all screwy and cant get a good sight picture by traditional means.

    7M3

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    624
    Crimson Laser Grip is a good choice, because no change of holster is needed. For the Glock, I have found the thick grip adversely affects my firing grip, resulting in inconsistent trigger work on my part.

    I bet the switch for the Laser guard won't really change the firing grip in a significant way. Now, just to find the correct AIWB holster to accommodate the green laser.
    Lee

    You alone are to be feared. Who can stand before you when you are angry? From Heaven you pronounce your Judgement, and the land feared and was quiet when you, O God, rose up to Judge, to save all the afflicted of the land.

    Psalm 76:7-9

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    The Republic of Pirates
    Posts
    44,847
    On the holster thing.... I know a guy....
    Gabe Suarez

    Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

    Suarez International USA Headquarters

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NC for refit
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    On the holster thing.... I know a guy....
    I would like to know that guy also.
    I just picked up an LG-452 and I am liking the dry work I have been doing with it on one of my 19's.

    v/r

    JD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •