Default Building a Glock from a stripped frame?

I'm finally at the point of picking up my first Glock, primarily due to the PDW kit, and it seems to make more sense to pick up a $75 stripped frame and assemble it with SI parts. To buy a complete pistol then replace the slide, barrel, sights, trigger, firing pin, etc, doesn't seem wise financially.

I know Gabe sells the complete Guttersnipe and Gunfighter pistols, but I enjoy the process of picking up parts here and there and assembling everything, and I'm assuming there is no real gunsmithing involved.

Are there a bunch of expensive factory parts I will need like locking block and trigger mechanism housing that would make this a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
    I'm finally at the point of picking up my first Glock, primarily due to the PDW kit, and it seems to make more sense to pick up a $75 stripped frame and assemble it with SI parts. To buy a complete pistol then replace the slide, barrel, sights, trigger, firing pin, etc, doesn't seem wise financially.

I know Gabe sells the complete Guttersnipe and Gunfighter pistols, but I enjoy the process of picking up parts here and there and assembling everything, and I'm assuming there is no real gunsmithing involved.

Are there a bunch of expensive factory parts I will need like locking block and trigger mechanism housing that would make this a bad idea?
    Did the same thing with two G19 and 2 G17 stripped frames mated with complete SI slides, frame parts were from Glockmeister and reluctantly, for some hard to get items, I resorted to The Glock Store, where the prices were significantly higher. Full assembly videos are available on YouTube. Stuff goes together like LEGOS. Went stock OEM on frame items, I seem to get better results that way

You can buy stripped Glock frames???
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    You can buy stripped Glock frames???
    Gabe had a few awhile back. I have seen them float around the 150 range occasionally lower. Just saw one online for 120 delivered.
    Last edited by jaowens; 11-09-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Greg Nichols- Who you are 5 years from now is directly related to the books you read, who you associate with, and how you spend your free time.

The other route is to buy a gun then sell everything you don't need as a "parts kit." The 80% frames have created a market for kits and they go for as much as a used gun on the auction sites. That gets you a frame and any bit parts and you know it's OEM.

No kidding, watch Glock parts kits on gunbroker. Used parts kits go for silly money. If you throw a kit of unfired parts up they will pay.

I've built 3 Glocks from guns I bought on Armslist that I only wanted for the frame. Sold the complete slides on eBay and ended up with a complete frame for basically around $75 each time.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."