Default USMC Adopts G19 and AIWB

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/11/08...edium=facebook

Now if we could just get them running RMR's...

Aside from concealability, the M007 has several physical improvements over its predecessor. The grip lacks finger grooves but has a textured frame, improving the ergonomics of the weapon and providing a consistently comfortable grip with traction for a wider range of users. The ambidextrous slide stop allows for both right- and left-handed use. The magazine release of the M007 can also be changed and the magazine well is flared, making the system easier to reload.
    Last edited by CaptBeach; 11-09-2017 at 09:59 AM.

CRG-Suarez International Combat Pistol Instructor

SIG SAUER CERTIFIED ARMORER M400, 516, 716, M4, AR15, M16

Appendix carry...you saw it here first in early 2006
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

Appendix carry...you saw it here first in early 2006
    I would almost bet money that the guy who submitted this for approval to the USMC, is a member of the forum.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    I would almost bet money that the guy who submitted this for approval to the USMC, is a member of the forum.
    I know.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

This looks to be a plan just for the plain-clothes CID and EP guys. It's difficult to imagine integrating AIWB into the normal uniform standards. Though it certainly could be done, it would be a huge change. And the military isn't known for making radical changes.

It's even more difficult, though, to imagine an undercover Marine. No matter how you dress them or scatter them through a crowd, how difficult would it be to spot the Marines?

I love that there is someone there who is following the art closely enough to be at the leading edge, but I cannot be optimistic about the widespread adoption of such a workable system. Maybe if the Marine Corps keeps it small, they can fly this under the radar. But I foresee some general officer coming along and demanding that the holster have a thumb snap. And then another will demand a hard attachment point to the belt. And pretty quickly they will ruin the whole thing. I hope they can prove me wrong.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    This looks to be a plan just for the plain-clothes CID and EP guys. It's difficult to imagine integrating AIWB into the normal uniform standards. Though it certainly could be done, it would be a huge change. And the military isn't known for making radical changes.

It's even more difficult, though, to imagine an undercover Marine. No matter how you dress them or scatter them through a crowd, how difficult would it be to spot the Marines?

I love that there is someone there who is following the art closely enough to be at the leading edge, but I cannot be optimistic about the widespread adoption of such a workable system. Maybe if the Marine Corps keeps it small, they can fly this under the radar. But I foresee some general officer coming along and demanding that the holster have a thumb snap. And then another will demand a hard attachment point to the belt. And pretty quickly they will ruin the whole thing. I hope they can prove me wrong.
    CID agents are good at blending in. Most of their offices have some very good under cover agents, and a large portion if their cases are solved with under cover work.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

I wonder if the holster is going out for bid, or if they are allowing COTs purchases by individual Marines or Commands

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    This looks to be a plan just for the plain-clothes CID and EP guys. It's difficult to imagine integrating AIWB into the normal uniform standards. Though it certainly could be done, it would be a huge change.
    If I remember correctly soldiers *in uniform* are not allowed to conceal weapons, at least in when there is a possibility of combat/interaction with enemy troops.