Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I favor the G20 because I have one with an SI installed DP Pro. Plan to take it with me Elk hunting next year.
    “Every day the same thing...variety”

This thread brings up a point that I often consider. My "trail gun" is an absolutely beautiful blued S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum with a 3 inch barrel (It's a TALO special edition that I bought used on a whim). It carries like a dream, has a single-action trigger like glass, and is comically loud when shot at an indoor range. I often wonder if I would ever hear again if I had to touch off six rounds rapid-fire at a charging beast without ear protection.
    29.jpg
    Every year I consider selling it and purchasing a Glock 20 with the intention of sending it for Suarez treatment, and every year I don't. I'm in NY, so I'd max out with 11 rounds of 10MM on board in the G-20, which is still almost twice the capacity of the S&W.

That said, I'm planning a trip to Glacier NP next summer, so perhaps this decision will become less academic when I'm in grizzly country with my wife and kids. We'll see.
    Last edited by jesselp; 11-09-2017 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added Photo

Quote Originally Posted by uglydog03 View Post
    however I REFUSE to buy one with a Hillary hole .
    Pardon my ignorance but what is a Hillary hole?
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by 3corners View Post
    It's OK; Bill doesn't know, either.

Zing!

Really, I haven't heard that term either.
    ===========================
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by 3corners View Post
    I'll answer the frame lock for $200 Alex?
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    It's OK; Bill doesn't know, either.

Zing!

Really, I haven't heard that term either.
    Mr. Anthony wins today's trophy.

I deciphered "Hillary Hole" to mean one of the new S&W revolvers with an integral trigger lock. When they were introduced, many people feared that they might inadvertently lock the gun. I've never heard of an unlocked gun locking itself. Most people who have them simply throw away the key. The keys themselves seem to be made of a metal that was designed to immediately begin rusting into powder.

I have no great fear of the guns with the integral lock, but I would prefer to not have that feature. I certainly would never use the lock.
    Virtute et Armis

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Mr. Anthony wins today's trophy.

I deciphered "Hillary Hole" to mean one of the new S&W revolvers with an integral trigger lock. When they were introduced, many people feared that they might inadvertently lock the gun. I've never heard of an unlocked gun locking itself. Most people who have them simply throw away the key. The keys themselves seem to be made of a metal that was designed to immediately begin rusting into powder.

I have no great fear of the guns with the integral lock, but I would prefer to not have that feature. I certainly would never use the lock.
    I had a 640 with a lock. I want to say the trigger wasn't as good as the old 36 without the lock. Traded them both.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

I don't own a wheelgun, but I do like that they don't leave much evidence behind.
    “How much can you know about yourself, if you've never been in a fight?

- Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
    I don't own a wheelgun, but I do like that they don't leave much evidence behind.
    Very true

I own 4 revolvers: 2 44 Magnum, 1 45 ACP, and one 44 Special (a son of same style reissued the Charter Arms Bulldog). The 2 44 Mags (S&W 69 and 329PD) are lightweight (the 329PD is really TOO lightweight) revolvers designed for backwoods treks. The .45ACP (S&W 325TR) is just fun (although, with 45 super, would be a very good back packing gun as well). The Bulldog was just cool. All of them are niche weapons that happen to be fun to shoot. I wouldn’t pick one of them as a primary firearm unless I was afraid of creatures larger than myself (those are few and far between)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk