Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    I am a sick old man who has succumbed to them fancy Tupperware metric guns. I have never felt naked with the K-Frames that I carried as a copper, even though our contract allowed for BUGs of choice. For a while mine was a 1911. It gave way to a J-frame that I hammer bobbed. I used to do $5 sucker bets on one 5 ring shot out of a cylinder of 5 at 100 yards. On rare occasion I did get 5/5 but I could almost always get 3/5 and some lesser man bought my lunch that day.

To be young again,
    Choirboy
    I feel your pain. Literally.
    2 Samuel 22; Psalm 139:21-22

I do like any S&W N,frame,although Ive carried both a M36 2" and a 4"M25-5 45 Long Colt.I really like the M25 which has been with me since 1981.

I have a no-lock 442 w/ Performance Center trigger job that I keep around and use quite often in the "roving gun" capacity. For my Timberevolver, I recently chose the Ruger Redhawk 5059 in .357 mag. As I mentioned in the lever action thread, I don't have any bears, wolves, lions or even hogs in my AO... bobcat & coyote are the pinnacle of our local 4-legged predator chain. In reality, there's likely nothing I'd confront locally that couldn't be suitably dealt with with my SI G19... but then I wouldn't have any reason to buy this beauty:

Redhawk 357.jpg

Eight rounds of .357 goodness...

Redhawk 357_cylinder.jpg
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife