Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Now that we have all gotten all puffed up about rifles, can we agree that 99.999% of the time your rifle will be irrelevant and that you will be solving this with a pistol? I like rifles and have two safes filled with them...but the lives lost in the time it takes for me to "go and get my rifle' can be saved by an eyeball shot from your pistol right now. Not to mention the other issues that i have written about in regards to weapon choices in such events (please...just do a search).
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Now that we have all gotten all puffed up about rifles, can we agree that 99.999% of the time your rifle will be irrelevant and that you will be solving this with a pistol? I like rifles and have two safes filled with them...but the lives lost in the time it takes for me to "go and get my rifle' can be saved by an eyeball shot from your pistol right now. Not to mention the other issues that i have written about in regards to weapon choices in such events (please...just do a search).
    I should add that at this same conference, aside from the vendor displays. Out of 500+ attendees (most LEO/MIL) from all over the world, nobody was packing a rifle around the conference center. Everyone would be responding to an incident in the convention center or adjoining hotel initially with handguns only ( though some may borrow a vendor rifle pending ammo availability) . I know I wouldnt be running to my ride or room to grab my long shooter, that would put me at the back of the pack and likely too late to be effective.

woe be unto the dudes that would have been unlucky enough to hit that center, that week with a ton of fit (probably 90% of attendee were combat fit at a minimum) armed meateaters in attendance.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Well I just got back from the ALERRT conference (conference was in San Marcos about 50 miles away from this incident).. Obviously it was a subject of much conversation at the coffee pot between briefings. Back in the office the boss tells me that Im going to be a busy guy, and says that at least three churches so far in my AO want a TC3 course as well as the quick and dirty site assessment and have expressed an interest in church security details (armed and trained). This is good for me because the boss sees the value of preparing the community, and it will give me some new training venues while the feds have taken over my training rooms post Harvey (probably for the next year by the look of things). As terrible as the event was, at least it has begun to open some eyes . Looking forward to changing some lambs into lions (if they are willing to put in the work)
    My fellow pastors in the county and I are meeting with the Sheriff on Wednesday. Looking forward to what kind of options he's got in mind ... I forwarded Gabe's blog post to him on Friday to let him know where my head is at. Met with my church council yesterday ... they are very interested in where to go with this as well. In the meantime the Guttersnipe 17 is getting carried into the pulpit (and everywhere else) and other CHL folks in the congregation have had their eyes opened.
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    My fellow pastors in the county and I are meeting with the Sheriff on Wednesday. Looking forward to what kind of options he's got in mind ... I forwarded Gabe's blog post to him on Friday to let him know where my head is at. Met with my church council yesterday ... they are very interested in where to go with this as well. In the meantime the Guttersnipe 17 is getting carried into the pulpit (and everywhere else) and other CHL folks in the congregation have had their eyes opened.
    Excellent! Depending on where in the heart of Texas ( my boss is meeting with pastors some time this week or next based upon what he said) you are. I believe Jon Payne was training churches as well through SI (PM him as well if interested). If you don't go that route, PM me and I will see what I can recommend.

This lead to interesting comments from the Pastor. Short version. Yea I know a lot of you are packing, stop telling me that, and if you are be aware the security team might not know who you are if it happens. I happen to know we have a pretty good security team, no I am not on it, but I know the guy that started it. My only problem with security teams is just like cops they can't be everywhere at the same time. Big event is going to have a different dynamic that a single shooter, but if that single shooter is not where any of the security team is at that moment you better be ready to handle it yourself. Seconds count.

Gabe is right about rifles. Being at one of these events is like being struck by lighting, being at one and having and using a rifle is like being stuck by lightning twice on the same day. However God has a sense of humor.
    God, Guns and Guts made America free. Lets keep all three.
    Proud GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    Excellent! Depending on where in the heart of Texas ( my boss is meeting with pastors some time this week or next based upon what he said) you are. I believe Jon Payne was training churches as well through SI (PM him as well if interested). If you don't go that route, PM me and I will see what I can recommend.
    This is in Mills County.
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

Something me and the wife were discussing last night. It is obvious when someone goes on these rampages and wears armor they do NOT want to get shot. They aren’t your typical “suicide” gang who doesn’t care if they die or even want to. The fb post, in my opinion, was his “get out of jail free card” if he got caught. He could easily claim temporary insanity or something similar for a less harsh sentence. I truly believe even if someone where to put shots center of mass that someone wearing armor would tuck tail and run because, again, they obviously do not want to get shot. He got shot at with a rifle and ran away quick. He died running but still tried to get away. Cowards. More of a reason to “keep calm and shoot them in the face”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    This is in Mills County.
    If he is unwilling to go beyond CRASE, then look at having SI run beat the reaper course and a FOF small unit course. There are lots of SI instructors in Texas ;)

I spend as much time as I can at my daughter's school. If it is to come, I pray every day that God allows me to be there to protect her and her friends. By dispatching the evil with multiple shots to the face. I make sure we know every marked and unmarked exit. She has been told to ignore that lock-in bullshit and get out if she can.
    If you knew you would fight for your life tomorrow, would it change the way you train today?

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Train today for the things that others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't