Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gabe and Gary, I totally get what you're saying and agree 100 %. I have been sharing this with Christian friends and acquaintances forever it seems. A few of the older adults but mostly the younger ones seem to get it. I have said "Get some training when you get your gun so you will KNOW how to use it if the time comes". Many of the older ones are so indoctrinated into wussification that all I can say is "The stupid runs deep in this one". We all know the cliche' that says "You can't cure Stupid", and yet we still try.

I think it's like the gospel in the end. Only a few will respond with their whole heart, yet we are to preach to all so that when the time of reckoning comes either they've chosen wisely or are left without excuse. Thanks for so many on this forum. Though I'm a bit older, you have been my faithful mentors. God Bless.
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

9/11 was my wakeup call.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 14. And a wakeup.

Thanks for your post, after reading mine again I came across a little negative or maybe too caring about what other were thinking or where they were at. I must remember to do what I personally can do and encourage other while leaving their actions up to them.

Those on this site have blessed me for the past 10 years, my first gun purchase was at 54 years old (14 years ago), I have learned a lot here. God bless all our brother and sister warriors here and Gabe for providing this opportunity.
    Psalm 127:1
    Unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    9/11 was my wakeup call.
    Lmao....just wait until Iran "attacks" us. That'll have to be a doozy to draw us into war.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    Lmao....just wait until Iran "attacks" us. That'll have to be a doozy to draw us into war.
    A war to go and kill every living thing there so their line ends when our boots leave their scorched earth, yes. A war to "nation build"...sorry...not my circus...not my monkeys.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    A war to go and kill every living thing there so their line ends when our boots leave their scorched earth, yes. A war to "nation build"...sorry...not my circus...not my monkeys.
    I'll be retired from the Army in a few months. From this point on, the only thing I'll be focused on building is my own personal wealth and private business.

I couldn't care less what the government does, so long as it doesn't negatively effect that goal.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Wonderfully stated as always Maestro.

I would add, in reference to Mr. Harris' great post, that the only reason the societal convenant of what is defined as civilized and acceptable continues to exist at all is because of US and those like us. Those who have been ordained and/or sworn to an oath to go forward with the means and willingness to do righteous violence upon those who do unlawful violence onto us. And if circumstances allow for us to do it first and with greater intensity.

Those who cannot or will not do such violence do not want to address the reality of what they know they are incapable of doing, and yet what they know is absolutely necessary for their own survival.

Regardless of who they have given the authority to leash the predator's among them, they do not want the predator in the room with them because they know that that given the right circumstances, the predator can and will turn against them, including those holding the the leash.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Justification for US policy aside, 9/11 broadened my focus beyond street crime to what could, and to some extent has, happened here.

I won't say Gabe is preaching to the choir, but even the choir needs to hear the Law and the Gospel.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 14. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    9/11 was my wakeup call.
    Same here, and I haven't "slept" since.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

*** I attend a Maronite Catholic church. The majority of the congregation is from Lebanon, and many of the older members fought in their civil war, or other conflicts in the region's past ***
    I have yet to meet a Lebanese Christian that I haven’t seen eye-to-eye with.