Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is common to have light strikes with reduced weight striker springs.

You got the spring/striker part backwards though - light strikers don't need light springs, if anything it's the other way around. Since it's not working for you, go back to the stock spring for reliability.

You can get around the light strikes in some cases by using only Federal primers, but that's more of a game gun trick and not something to rely on for a carry gun.

You can also use a pencil to test without going to the range. Just put it in the barrel eraser down and point the gun up.
    When gunslingers come to town, sai, things get broken. It's a simple fact of life.

I also suggest checking your firing pin channel for any debris and burrs on your channel liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

TRAIN WITH PAYNE 2018

​CRG-1 Orange TX January 20-21, 2018

CRG-2 Orange TX March 10-11, 2018

Shotgun Gunfighting San Antonio TX April 14-15, 2018

GS-1 (modified) Kirbyville TX May 19-20, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    You can also use a pencil to test without going to the range. Just put it in the barrel eraser down and point the gun up.
    This is how I function check every time I dismantle the pistol. I do the same with a plastic tip cleaning rod with rifles.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    This is how I function check every time I dismantle the pistol. I do the same with a plastic tip cleaning rod with rifles.
    Both of these are great ideas, and something I will add to my function checks after disassembly. Thanks once again to everyone who has replied.

OK, pleading ignorance here, but I am a Physicist... (Serious nerd, for those that might be confused...)

If the pin is lighter, and the spring is weaker, that means that the net momentum is most likely lower as compared to the heavier pin and stronger spring. (These are clearly QUALITIATIVE assessments, would need actual data on the pin and spring to make it quantitative.) Momentum is M*V. "Lighter" indicates to me that pin is lighter, hence New Pin M is less than old pin M. Same for spring strength - its K factor is lower than the old spring, hence resulting V of old spring is greater than V of new spring.

Assuming that is qualitatively accurate, it makes perfect sense that this leads to lighter strikes.

I can see where a lighter spring could lead to a lighter trigger pull, but like trading springs in a S&W revolver to get a better trigger - you always risk less reliable ignition.

Just one geek's opinion...

Lighter springs require lighter strikers, but I’ve not seen any downside to lighter strikers with stock weight springs. I have two Suarez strikers I run with factory springs with no downside. Not that I had issues before, but now I’ve got “more betterer” strikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by 45Smashemflat View Post
    OK, pleading ignorance here, but I am a Physicist... (Serious nerd, for those that might be confused...)

If the pin is lighter, and the spring is weaker, that means that the net momentum is most likely lower as compared to the heavier pin and stronger spring. (These are clearly QUALITIATIVE assessments, would need actual data on the pin and spring to make it quantitative.) Momentum is M*V. "Lighter" indicates to me that pin is lighter, hence New Pin M is less than old pin M. Same for spring strength - its K factor is lower than the old spring, hence resulting V of old spring is greater than V of new spring.

Assuming that is qualitatively accurate, it makes perfect sense that this leads to lighter strikes.

I can see where a lighter spring could lead to a lighter trigger pull, but like trading springs in a S&W revolver to get a better trigger - you always risk less reliable ignition.

Just one geek's opinion...
    I see that a lot at shooting matches. Looking for that "perfect" DA pull and wont even set off Federal primers. Sometimes you got to know when to say when.
    When gunslingers come to town, sai, things get broken. It's a simple fact of life.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh1776 View Post
    Winchester white box 124gr.
    Waitaminute....the Q4318? I just tried shooting this Saturday and had multiple, and sometimes consecutive, ftf's with this ammo in 4 different Glocks. As I said earlier, I run all mine with Suarez or OEM strikers and factory weight springs. I even put a fresh extra power striker spring in one of my 17's and it continued.

So it could just be diamond plated primers. It's pretty safe to say I don't have 4 defective pistols.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

I had an opportunity to get to the range this past Saturday. I used the same G19 gen4 pistol and the Suarez striker, but installed the OEM silver Glock striker spring instead of the Wolff 4.5lb. I had 100% ignition of the WWB ammo that was causing the trouble last time along with my usual HST self defense ammo. Clearly it was a combination of the hard primers and the lighter spring, as many of you suspected. Thanks again to each of you for your input.