Default Suarez parts upgrades

Received an order of SI goodies for a couple of my Glocks last week and wanted to give a mini report of my results. I ordered a firing pin, turbo maritime spring cups, performance spring kit, and a firing pin safety for my 19 which already has an RMR and F/S trigger with 3.5# connector. This was definitely one of those cases where little changes make a big difference. The trigger pull is now slightly lighter, smoother and more manageable. The total combination of parts enabled me to shoot better than have before.

The other parts I ordered was a F/S trigger kit with the 3.5# connector, 4.5# striker spring and Turbo Maritime spring cups for my 43. There's been some question about the later parts working in a 43, but after 150 rounds so far there have been no issues. We will continue to evaluate. And the trigger on the 43 is so much better also.

I'm not trying to be a fanboy but SI has proven again their products provide the quality and performance I've come to expect from them.

Hey Duck52, that's good to hear!

I have a SI flat/straight trigger I haven't installed yet ... Did you install your parts yourself?

I have SI F/S Tactical triggers w/ 3.5 connectors in and SI iron sights on all my carry/use guns. (G19, 17 and 43.). All 3 have RDS's. 19 and 17 have RM06's, and the 43 has a Shield. The 19 is a converted 23 with a Gen4 19 slide/barrel/ejector, and the 17 is a converted Gen4 G22 with a complete V3 SI-417 upper/barrel, ejector, etc.

The 19 and 17 have SI firing pins and safety plungers and the SI rear pin. (If SI made firing pins and safety plungers for the 43 I'd already have them!)

The 19/23 has had at least 2000 rounds since conversion probably 10k on the frame, the 43 has at least 2000, and the 17/22 has about 750 as of today's range session.

No malfunctions in any of the guns. None. Two-handed, one-handed, "weak"-handed, intentionally limp-wristing; not a single issue. And really accurate. One ragged hole inside 25.

I'm not trying to be a fan boy either, but I think at this point I just am. SI makes GREAT gear that really works and actually makes the improvements others claim. And their customer service is outstanding.

And if you haven't yet, TRAIN with SI. I've only trained with them once, (Many more to come as time/$$ allows), but it was one of the best training courses I've ever been to. I'm a recently retired LEO, and was a Rangemaster/Instructor at all my agencies. I got to go to a LOT of training with a lot of "those names" in "those places." But the Complete Pistol Gunfighter course I took with Gabe Suarez, Brent Yamamoto, and Greg Nichols was the best pistol training I have ever attended. The skill improvements I made in that course, especially my long-range capabilities with a pistol, were the most I have made in any previous training. (Humble thanks, again.)

So yeah, a 48 year old fan "boy."
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Quote Originally Posted by Texican_gal View Post
    Hey Duck52, that's good to hear!

I have a SI flat/straight trigger I haven't installed yet ... Did you install your parts yourself?
    Plenty of good videos on how to do it.... about 10 minutes with a 5 minute beer break. And most videos will point out to keep the spring oriented the same way. The SI website at one time also had a link to a good video on adjusting the connector if needed. Get to it! You will like that new trigger!!!!
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Yes I installed the parts myself. No big deal if you have any mechanical ability and pay attention to details.

I have 4 Glocks with F/S triggers, the only one that doesn't is the 43 which has the Suarez curved trigger. All have various other Suarez parts; barrels, sights, internals, slides etc (some more than others, I do ok but the funds aren't unlimited). I'm not a fanboy, but when I find something that works I stick with it, and I trust anything Suarez puts their name on.

The trigger and 3.5# connector on my 43 got the trigger to where I wanted it to be; much more smooth with a crisp break. I don't see the need to mess around with other springs to lighten the trigger pull in this particular weapon.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

I had a reply typed yesterday and then suffered a computer freeze-up.

Thank you all for the replies & info!

I am very detail-oriented and some mechanical ability, but it's funny, some things I will do-it-myself, and others are like "oh, no, not gonna try that."