Default THE MEANING BEHIND THE SUAREZ INTERNATIONAL LOGO

suarez-logo-2018.jpg

Suarez International was started in a spare bedroom in our house behind the lines in California way back in 1999. Having accomplished everything I had wished in my police career, I began a training company. It was my wife and I...period. I taught myself "html" computer language and began our own website.

We needed a symbol. Even back then, while many of the current gun gurus were still in middle school, I knew the degradation of reading skills would give rise to a "symbols only" society. And being an ostensibly "international" company, I needed something that would transcend language.

A logo told a story.
    A logo became a point of recognition.
    A logo became a brand.

And I didn't want some silly gun picture or a set of sights or something stupid like that. I wanted something with history and legacy and meaning.
    The search began.

After some study...I arrived at the Triquetra.

The Triquetra (/traɪˈkwɛtrə/; Latin tri- "three" and quetrus "cornered") originally meant "triangle" and was used to refer to various three-cornered shapes. Also known as a "trinity knot" when parallel doubled-lines are in the graph, the design is used as a religious symbol by Christianity. In ministry study from a past life I learned that insurgent Christians would draw a half fish shape and another visiting insurgent would draw the other half.

Three "fish" created the Triquetra.

A totally western warrior symbol, depicting the Christian Trinity and encompassing the collective spirit of our warrior ancestors, modernized for the present.

Defiant, rebellious, with a bloody sword in a sweaty hand. An ever-present middle finger in the faces of our enemies, and a promise of righteous and holy violence to those who would do evil to the innocent saying, "Here we stand and you shall not pass!"

That is Suarez!
    That is our tribe!
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I feel at least a t shirt coming on. No words, no other pics or adornments, just the triquetra. Not on the back but right up front and center (as in your face). Maybe both long and short sleeve.

I was a junior in high school in 1999. I had no idea there were any highly respected gun gurus much younger than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    I was a junior in high school in 1999. I had no idea there were any highly respected gun gurus much younger than me.
    The important qualifier.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters