Default "Eye Opening" and a "Game Changer"

20171020_084345 (1).jpg

20171020_084233.jpg

20171020_084434 (1).jpg

Comments from a Force on Force presentation I conducted in Tallahassee last week at the Florida High Liability Instructor Conference.

The curriculum? Essentially the core lessons and drills of Force on Force Gunfighting using the premium technology of UTM marking cartridges. Really great to work with Law Enforcement trainers and share with them the cutting edge of material from Suarez International.

Seasoned instructors and trainers, who had spent years teaching square range "tactics", were forced to rethink their concept of "movement" in Close Quarter Ambush scenarios. Always amazing to see people get that "lightbulb" moment.

"Why aren't we doing this already?"

Good question.

Huge thanks to Gabe for the lessons.
    Fletch Fuller
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

“Train Like Others Won't, So You Can Do Those Things That Others Can't.”

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I know what you mean.....I taught a class in Louisville several years ago and one of the students was a police officer not too long out of the academy. After class was over he was actually angry that they were not taught that kind of stuff in the academy......
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

An 18 year SWAT veteran approached me during a CT class. He shook my hand and said "This will save lives."

Doesn't get much better than that.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Awesome! What are the prospects for actually getting this training into local training curriculum? Does it depend on each agency to choose, or does it come down from the state level?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Fuller View Post
    20171020_084345 (1).jpg

20171020_084233.jpg

20171020_084434 (1).jpg

Comments from a Force on Force presentation I conducted in Tallahassee last week at the Florida High Liability Instructor Conference.

The curriculum? Essentially the core lessons and drills of Force on Force Gunfighting using the premium technology of UTM marking cartridges. Really great to work with Law Enforcement trainers and share with them the cutting edge of material from Suarez International.

Seasoned instructors and trainers, who had spent years teaching square range "tactics", were forced to rethink their concept of "movement" in Close Quarter Ambush scenarios. Always amazing to see people get that "lightbulb" moment.

"Why aren't we doing this already?"

Good question.

Huge thanks to Gabe for the lessons.
    Excellent, credible, USEFUL information!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I remember the first insight into the SI FoF curriculum was via the Videos. I watched them and made notes and thought that I'd figured it out. Something was missing though. Years later, when I made up my mind to attend my first SI class, I specifically chose CRG4. Even having "seen" some of the material, it was still intense and "eye opening" to square off with someone in drill after drill, gunfight after gunfight...and see what worked and what didn't. Standing still... FAILED. Sidestepping didn't fare much better by itself. MOVEMENT... gave you a better chance to survive. Being able to aggressively blast off the X to a point of cover or to a favorable angle... put you in a position to WIN.

The drills in CRG4 Force on Force Gunfighting are structured in a way to expose you to stress and cultivate a response that allows you to shift from being Reactive (where traditional square range training stops) to being Proactive and back into the driver seat of your fight. If you haven't attended a CRG4 Force on Force Gunfighting class, put it next on your list of classes. It may be the single most important class that contributes directly to your surviving and winning when your life and the lives of others are on the line.
    Fletch Fuller
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

“Train Like Others Won't, So You Can Do Those Things That Others Can't.”

Suarez International USA Headquarters

UTM equipment and a FoF class is at the top of my list for training goals next year. I don’t kick down doors or hun bad guys for a living, but I still see the training as valuable skills should $hit go south. Along with taking the learning from CRG 1 & 2 and adding a opponent to the mix.

The comments above about officers saying these classes will save lives and being pissed that it’s not taught as standard agency material is both good and bad to hear. Great that officers are seeking improvement, bad that our officers are possibly being set up for failure.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017