Default Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-10/15 2017

Attended Pistol Gunfighting School this last week end taught by Gabe Suarez.For myself the experience was outstanding... easiest/simplest way to say/write it.... outstanding.

This was a three day class and I have six days of written notes to reorganize for easier study.The how and why of everything covered in class was explained...in detail, then demonstrated. All drills started with dry fire repetitions before live fire drills. Any/all questions got answered
    and expanded on.The synopsis on killing within the law and the Q/A afterword is/was worth the price of admission.
    It was good to see familiar faces from past classes ( Golucky & Dr "E" ). Hope to train with y'all again soon.

Finally, thanks to Jon Payne... and also Cullen and Danny.
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.

I was very lucky to have been part of this outstanding class. Especially when I procrastinated to sign up due to all recent personal events that when I did finally tried, the class was sold out and was placed on the waiting list. So when SI HQ called, I was stoked ! One of the many qualities of SI and its culture to appreciate the passion of all the instructors including Gabe they show to teach their students. There's no BS involved, it's from realist point of view with real world experiences. Not the latest youtube hype. The system simply works. While I've trained with SI for a couple of years now, I also appreciate how Gabe and company continues to push the envelope, always trying for better towards excellence. Much like the medical field, change is always happening and remain in place, stagnant and stale will leave you way behind the curve.

My smoke wagon was perhaps the only M&P in the mix among various glocks. But a couple of shields, XDS, and a 1911 too. The gentleman who ran his shield, with extra mag in a AIWB ran it like a sewing machine ! One of the lessons is when things go south, it is your pistol and whatever else is on you vs your rifle back at your vehicle. You must learned to fight with your daily carry. More homework for me. My M&P ran fine with only 1 malfunction on the last day. Tap & rack fixed it. And it came intuitively as Gabe had said if you put in the practice. It came naturally and I was back in it. Also, bring plenty of mags (I had 5) Load them up the night before and be ready. Uplula you have and your thumbs will appreciate you. The weather during the 1st 2 days was hot and humid and as just as typical of Texas weather; the last day will nice overcast with a cool wind breeze. Be prepared and have plenty of hydration.

The 1st day started off with safety brief, then the stages of the trigger, Proactive vs Reactive shooting, various threats in today's society, markmanship, OODA, historical aspects and those before who helped paved the way such as Askins, Fairbanks, & Bryce. Another topic is equipment. You have to find out what works for you and make sure it is reliable (nuff said as many threads on here addressed it) Anything mechanical can fail. I believe there was a RMR and a front sight went down (correct me if I am wrong). Always have a back up plan. It's not always the what and how, but also the "why" that really brings it home. A glimpse into "Killin within the Law" is another plus and certainly leaves you salivating for more as it was just a taste into what the full class has to offer. Another topic covered is how this can be a lifelong study, a lifestyle, one's mindset / outlook, and how important being healthy and fit can give you that advantage. SI's Zero to 5 feet / Force on Force class will certainly open your eyes how they all integrate and that's when the truth comes into fruition. And this is just the 1st day ! I'm sure others will chime in on what I missed. If anyone is on the fence, don't wait like I did where I could have missed this golden opportunity. Don't wait, find a SI instructor in your area and start your training. There was lady who traveled up to 3.5 hours from Galveston (1-way) to train ! Yup, she rocked that 1911 !

An outstanding blog / thread by Gabe "Advice to the Modern Gun Student" is a excellent refresher into some of the topics that was covered this past weekend. http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...n-student.html

Many thanks to Gabe to traveling to Texas (Hope you come back soon & get some TX BBQ !) and to Jon, Cullin, and Danny to help teach this class and making sure we were all safe and reinforcing the matter to make sure that we learned it the right way. It was great to train with the those in the tribe again and also meeting new folks. Now I'm off to do homework from this class to iron out some bad habits with some dry fire !
    Last edited by golucky; 10-17-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    IDR 10/16/10, IDP 1/8/11, FRS 2/5/11, KRG 3/19/11, AKRG 4/2/11, TMCO 6/4/11, CRG 7/9/11, ACRG 11/12-13/11, VGFF 3/3/12, ATM 4/21 - 4/22/12, GA - 5/4/12, LGPSP 05/26 - 5/27/12, 0-5Ft 6/09 - 6/10/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, PSP 4/6 - 4/7/13, FRS 9/7-9/8/13, ATM 10/26-10/2713, ACRG 11/9 - 11/10/13, GS1 6/7-6/8/14, RGF-3 10/11-10/12/14, RGF4AK: 6/27-6/28/15, Fusing Knife / Pistol: 7/17-7/18/15, HITTS 5 Shotgun 8/2/15, CRG3: 4/2-4-3/16, HRO2 & CQB 9/30 - 10/2/16, RDS Pistol 2/17 - 2/19/17

Quote Originally Posted by golucky View Post
    I was very lucky to have been part of this outstanding class. Especially when I procrastinated to sign up due to all recent personal events that when I did finally tried, the class was sold out and was placed on the waiting list. So when SI HQ called, I was stoked ! One of the many qualities of SI and its culture to appreciate the passion of all the instructors including Gabe they show to teach their students. There's no BS involved, it's from realist point of view with real world experiences. Not the latest youtube hype. The system simply works. While I've trained with SI for a couple of years now, I also appreciate how Gabe and company continues to push the envelope, always trying for better towards excellence. Much like the medical field, change is always happening and remain in place, stagnant and stale will leave you way behind the curve.

My smoke wagon was perhaps the only M&P in the mix among various glocks. But a couple of shields, XDS, and a 1911 too. The gentleman who ran his shield, with extra mag in a AIWB ran it like a sewing machine ! One of the lessons is when things go south, it is your pistol and whatever else is on you vs your rifle back at your vehicle. You must learned to fight with your daily carry. More homework for me. My M&P ran fine with only 1 malfunction on the last day. Tap & rack fixed it. And it came intuitively as Gabe had said if you put in the practice. It came naturally and I was back in it. Also, bring plenty of mags (I had 5) Load them up the night before and be ready. Uplula you have and your thumbs will appreciate you. The weather during the 1st 2 days was hot and humid and as just as typical of Texas weather; the last day will nice overcast with a cool wind breeze. Be prepared and have plenty of hydration.

The 1st day started off with safety brief, then the stages of the trigger, Proactive vs Reactive shooting, various threats in today's society, markmanship, OODA, historical aspects and those before who helped paved the way such as Askins, Fairbanks, & Bryce. Another topic is equipment. You have to find out what works for you and make sure it is reliable (nuff said as many threads on here addressed it) Anything mechanical can fail. I believe there was a RMR and a front sight went down (correct me if I am wrong). Always have a back up plan. It's not always the what and how, but also the "why" that really brings it home. A glimpse into "Killin within the Law" is another plus and certainly leaves you salivating for more as it was just a taste into what the full class has to offer. Another topic covered is how this can be a lifelong study, a lifestyle, one's mindset / outlook, and how important being healthy and fit can give you that advantage. SI's Zero to 5 feet / Force on Force class will certainly open your eyes how they all integrate and that's when the truth comes into fruition. And this is just the 1st day ! I'm sure others will chime in on what I missed. If anyone is on the fence, don't wait like I did where I could have missed this golden opportunity. Don't wait, find a SI instructor in your area and start your training. There was lady who traveled up to 3.5 hours from Galveston (1-way) to train ! Yup, she rocked that 1911 !

An outstanding blog / thread by Gabe "Advice to the Modern Gun Student" is a excellent refresher into some of the topics that was covered this past weekend. http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...n-student.html

Many thanks to Gabe to traveling to Texas (Hope you come back soon & get some TX BBQ !) and to Jon, Cullin, and Danny to help teach this class and making sure we were all safe and reinforcing the matter to make sure that we learned it the right way. It was great to train with the those in the tribe again and also meeting new folks. Now I'm off to do homework from this class to iron out some bad habits with some dry fire !
    Lost my RMR " red dot" near the end of day two.Finished with my irons and used my RMR G-19 on day three. I think Doc lost his front site earlier on day two.
    Last edited by NV28; 10-18-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.

Hadn't seen this thread before or I would have posted too! It was my first class with Gabe (and Jon, Danny & Cullen)! I enjoyed every minute and learned a lot! The experience of being with other like minded individuals was one of a kind. As others have said the weather was HOT, but we all learned, I'd venture to guess even Chuck (his 7th class with Gabe) came away with something. I'm already working on getting Jon to provide a private class for my wife and my brother's wife in Orange since I feel they could benefit greatly from it. BTW took the class with my brother and couldn't have enjoyed the 3 days more!! Looking forward to more with Gabe! Also, am waiting for my RMR as we speak. Getting older and eyes don't work near as well as they used to! -:(.