Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    With the MOS and CORE you are seeing greater acceptance of RDS pistols. When approaching admin you do it from a couple of angles. One reduced liability due to increased accuracy (and the related deliberate indifference if you are aware and do nothing), and reduced training cycle with increased accuracy ( fewer remedial training hours in your less confident shooters as it takes the whole three sight planes out of the picture). Neither of the above are ideal platforms but you can see the trending.

Ive seen a marked increase in special units using them (gang, swat, narc, etc.) and some significant trickle down to the street level guys.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Maine1 View Post
    Our Sheriff carries one, is evaluating it for department adoption. He likes it.
    This.

I work for a smaller agency that issues Glocks in 9mm, but allows officers to carry their own Glock in alternate sizes and calibers. With the advent of the MOS, which I understand is not ideal, I have decided to try the red dot route for duty. I have mine set up with the RMS because it appears to offer the best performance when considering the necessity of minimal parts changes and no slide alteration. I plan on submitting it for authorization soon, but first I have to find a suitable holster. Just as an aside, I have been following the concept of red dots for “serious” use for years, mostly on this forum. I am happy to see that tools that clearly offer improved performance have statrted to gain mainstream acceptance.
    Last edited by jstrange; 10-18-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstrange View Post
    I work for a smaller agency that issues Glocks in 9mm, but allows officers to carry their own Glock in alternate sizes and calibers. With the advent of the MOS, which I understand is not ideal, I have decided to try the red dot route for duty. I have mine set up with the RMS because it appears to offer the best performance when considering the necessity of minimal parts changes and no slide alteration. I plan on submitting it for authorization soon, but first I have to find a suitable holster. Just as an aside, I have been following the concept of red dots for “serious” use for years, mostly on this forum. I am happy to see that tools that clearly offer improved performance have statrted to gain mainstream acceptance.

Safariland does make a RMR specific holster (have one) before they did that I used the 6280 SLS holsters and relieved the front of the holster to accomodate the sight both are shown below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coastalcop; 10-18-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Just ordered one of the new Safariland RDS-specific duty holsters.

Coastal: I did the same cut-down on my old SLS thigh-rig for my G22/now 17. I tried to mold up a piece of kydex to give the RMR some protection for when rolling the suspect-jitsu or working prone, but never could get it to adhere well enough to the holster body. Excited to get the new holster. Thanks for the info/reminder to check-in with Safariland for the new holster.
    Last edited by OmegaDS; 10-18-2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Grammar
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDS View Post

Coastal: I did the same cut-down on my old SLS thigh-rig for my G22/now 17. I tried to mold up a piece of kydex to give the RMR some protection for when rolling the suspect-jitsu or working prone, but never could get it to adhere well enough to the holster body. Excited to get the new holster. Thanks for the info/reminder to check-in with Safariland for the new holster.
    Honestly, don't worry about the hood. RMR is tight kit
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

If you're dodgey on it, next time Yammamoto is in town ill roll with him wearing it
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

As much as I would love to watch you and Brent roll around together in an inflatable kiddie pool full of cannoli and Jameson's, I do trust the RMR as being pretty rock solid. I've been EDC my G23-now-19 with the RM06 for almost 2 years now. Took it through Complete Gunfighter with you guys, took it a to week-long Rangemaster update last year, and wore it teaching D.T. and impact weapons at my last agency. Which, when compared to what you and Brent did in the Prescott dirt, looked like the old ladies playing Scrabble in "Foul Play." (Respect emoji to you both. Getting sore just thinking about it...)

I just like to take care of my kit as best as possible. So many variables in a real fight I can't control. Taking care of my gear is one I can. Plus I get to buy a new holster.

Weird. My Jameson's tastes a little funny now... And I'm craving a cannoli.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

As much as I would love to watch you and Brent roll around together in an inflatable kiddie pool full of cannoli and Jameson's, I do trust the RMR as being pretty rock solid. I've been EDC my G23-now-19 with the RM06 for almost 2 years now. Took it through Complete Gunfighter with you guys, took it a to week-long Rangemaster update last year, and wore it teaching D.T. and impact weapons at my last agency. Which, when compared to what you and Brent did in the Prescott dirt, looked like the old ladies playing Scrabble in "Foul Play." (Respect emoji to you both. Getting sore just thinking about it...)

I just like to take care of my kit as best as possible. So many variables in a real fight I can't control. Taking care of my gear is one I can. Plus I get to buy a new holster.

Weird. My Jameson's tastes a little funny now... And I'm craving a cannoli.
    I'll post pictures of my RM02 from my first slide I purchased AS A DEALER in 2011. That thing is beat to fuck. But, it still works like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you are worried about the screen on the RMR when you make your cut on the 6280, make only the vertical downward cuts. heat this with heat gun and fold outward 90 degrees. Insert gun in holster and trace the outline of the RMR on this piece and trim to fit. I did it to one holster before I decided it wasnt worth the trouble TO ME. Might be just the ticket for you.