Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDS View Post
    Just ordered one of the new Safariland RDS-specific duty holsters.

Coastal: I did the same cut-down on my old SLS thigh-rig for my G22/now 17. I tried to mold up a piece of kydex to give the RMR some protection for when rolling the suspect-jitsu or working prone, but never could get it to adhere well enough to the holster body. Excited to get the new holster. Thanks for the info/reminder to check-in with Safariland for the new holster.
    Who did you order from if you don’t mind my asking?

I have been carrying an RMR/Glock on duty for over a year. It is slowly getting more popular, mostly among our older officers (me) with aging eyes. They are pretty strictly authorized, only Leupold and Trijicon are authorized, and back up suppressor sights are required. I would guess 10% of my department are using them, and that number is slowly growing.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    I have been carrying an RMR/Glock on duty for over a year. It is slowly getting more popular, mostly among our older officers (me) with aging eyes. They are pretty strictly authorized, only Leupold and Trijicon are authorized, and back up suppressor sights are required. I would guess 10% of my department are using them, and that number is slowly growing.
    Congratulations! Iím jealous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    ... John Stuart Mill

My agency trains often with LE or hosts LE classes (we run one of the world's leading civilian tactical operations medic courses) and I've been happy to note more RDS pistols each year. It's still only 1 out of 50 or maybe 1 out of 20 with more "specialized" officers. The Safariland RDS holster is very common and several officers I've talked to are telling me that was the missing link for agency approval.
    Christian, Paramedic, Texan.

With the new RDS holsters safariland released I believe we will see more acceptance as the holster doesnt require any modification to use and is now priced consistent with the rest of the lineup. I ordered two for testing (G19 and G34 with lights), they work, though I am modding the 19 holster anyway.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time