Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default And so it starts...

He we go. We have turn coats. The very people that have been voted in to protect the 2nd amendment are now turning on the people. Can this be written more vague? Ridiculous!

https://curbelo.house.gov/uploadedfi...mpstockban.pdf
    No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 2 Tim 2:4

- I prefer dangerous FREEDOM to peaceful SLAVERY

-Discipline = FREEDOM

- Be HUMBLE or get HUMBLED

- Cruce Signati

Republicans that helped write
    or back this as written:

carlos curbelo FL
    Peter King NY
    Leonard Lance NJ
    Patrick Meehan PA
    Ed Royce CA
    Chris Smith NJ
    Erik Paulsen MN
    Ryan Costello PA
    Ileana Ros-Lehtinen FL
    Charlie Dent PA

If you live in any of these states represented above or could find time to write these people and tell them this would not have prevented Las Vegas from happening and this is unreasonable gun control on law abiding citizens. This is only the beginning.
    No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 2 Tim 2:4

-Discipline = FREEDOM

- Cruce Signati

The way that is worded a simple trigger over-travel stop could be included.

Hell, a belt loop or rubber band would qualify!

-Discipline = FREEDOM

- Cruce Signati

Matt
    John 14:6
    My Hero DID walk on water!

IRS = KGB

When your enemy views death as a promotion, you know you are in for a fight.

I'm not going to hit the panic button yet.

Most of the names listed were never our friends anyway.

I see Ryan's comments as seeking to get the ATF through interpretation to go after Bumpstocks and limit the damage that way, so if he decides to decline to bring legislation forward, he can have a fallback position.

I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over this.

YMMV.

Edited to add: I am starting to see some market impact at my preferred LGS.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

So let me play the defense here.

Officer did you arrested my client for possession of a device that increases the rate of fire of his semi-automatic firearm?

Officer: Yes I did.

And did that device cause the rate of fire to increase when it was attached?

Officer: Yes it did.

And what was the original rate of fire of that semi-automatic firearm?

Officer: What?
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 78 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 11
    PSP - April 12
    TMCO - Sept. 12
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by BKern View Post
    So let me play the defense here.

Officer did you arrested my client for possession of a device that increases the rate of fire of his semi-automatic firearm?

Officer: Yes I did.

And did that device cause the rate of fire to increase when it was attached?

Officer: Yes it did.

And what was the original rate of fire of that semi-automatic firearm?

Officer: What?
    The vagueness of the law is written explicitly with the intent of outlawing semi-auto.

Lawmakers aren't stupid. They're banking on the hopes that we are stupid, and unable to read between the lines.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    The vagueness of the law is written explicitly with the intent of outlawing semi-auto.

Lawmakers aren't stupid. They're banking on the hopes that we are stupid, and unable to read between the lines.
    Not sure if I agree with that, but it is sufficiently vague that even lightened triggers could be considered to be devices that "increase ROF".

Heck, anything that makes the trigger pull lighter increases ROF right? Even a trigger job, right?

Does possession of steel wool constitute constructive intent under the law?

https://suarezinternational.com/flat...stem-complete/

When Gabe says he isn't shipping these any more, I'll pay more attention...not going to go through a "chicken little" fit because some left leaning GOP House members proposed an idiotic Bill.

Relax gang, this bill has 9 (count them 9) co-sponsors. They'll get some Dem's, maybe, but if you can count on one thing from the Dem's, is that they will OVERREACH on this.

We've been in a phase where there have been plenty of "nuts", so right thinking "squirrels" should have been gathering "nuts" already.

Any anxiety over this foolish bill should be put into RATIONAL acquisition of items that may help make you a better fighter, and keep training hard.

By consensus estimates, there are 300 MILLION firearms in the US, and full enforcement of this law as proposed is untenable...sure, they might try to make an example of someone IF IT EVER PASSES, but I don't see it passing in it's present form. Those on the right should be able to see right through it...those on the left are too stupid to not try to overreach.

Bump stocks and crank operated accelerators MAY end up getting banned, but that's not a slam dunk.

Relax guys, it'll be alright.

Edited to add: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Once you scroll down to the bottom "Mr. Giffords" is pushing for registration...they can't control themselves...nice to have a predictable adversary.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...crats-support/

Even more overreach. At worst (for our side) they go 2 for 9.
    Last edited by SigPro09; 10-11-2017 at 04:08 PM.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas