Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PROACTIVE MANIPULATIONS

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Thank you for the straight forward explanation.

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk
    Soli Deo Gloria

Totally ruthless and practical. No visual sizzle just to stimulate internet fanboys. Love it .

13 minutes of free ice cream in honor of Dead Communists Day? Love it!

Great info, clarity, & insight.

Thanks for all you do, Gabe.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby

Like Gabe I too learned all the super flashy cool guy ways to perform these manipulations and I've seen Gabe do this talk dozens of times over the years. I have yet to see a better way and the way he describes it is as on point as you can get.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Great vid', and agreed...I tried several two mag in one hand techniques...I'll do administrative reloads holding two mag's, but not under any stress. Simple is better.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SigPro09 View Post
    Great vid', and agreed...I tried several two mag in one hand techniques...I'll do administrative reloads holding two mag's, but not under any stress. Simple is better.
    That was designed for 1911 style single stack mags, it never should have made the jump into double stack mags... but some people only worship to one holy cow....

me I just eat them...

Good stuff boss.. kiss is always better and we all know the economy of motion will always beat going fast....

Quote Originally Posted by m48shooter View Post
    That was designed for 1911 style single stack mags, it never should have made the jump into double stack mags... but some people only worship to one holy cow....

me I just eat them...

Good stuff boss.. kiss is always better and we all know the economy of motion will always beat going fast....
    When I used to compete in IDPA, there used to be a "Wilson exception" to loading on the move if you did his "tactical reload"...one of the reasons I quit gaming was that kind of nonsense. Simple is better.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

Like I tell people in class...."I don't do it this way because I can't do it the other way.....in fact my hands are big enough to do an old school "tactical reload" with double stack Glock mags while also holding a flashlight in that hand at the same time...but that doesn't mean it is a good idea. In fact I can do that with my eyes closed" (and then demo that). "So it is NOT because I'm not able to do it.....it is because it is a horrible idea to do it that way under stress."

I then ask them to time how long it takes to do that (get new mag out pouch /old mag out of gun/ insert new mag into gun /stow old mag / support hand back on gun) vs simply doing it our way (old mag out , stow it, and new mag in) from beginning of the reload to both hands back on the gun ready to shoot and it is always faster to handle one mag at a time. Take into account the fact that a lot of people simply don't have the hand size to easily do that with double stack mags, and the tendency for people to not be able to break a pre ordained pattern and folks will try to finish stowing the old mag after they have the new one in the gun even if they need to shoot NOW. So even though you might get the new mag in the gun quicker the other way it takes longer to finish the dance and get both hands back on the gun.

Simplicity simply works. Remove, stow, reload, rack, rock on.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 10-10-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....