Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Gotta be a better way to fit a Raptor-style grip than that adapter. That's Bubba from the git-go. (Sorry, Bubba.)
    Well THAT adapter has been in use for several years. THAT adapter allows use of 12ga stocks (not just the Shockwave) on 20ga guns for everything from AR grip stocks to the recoil deducing grips and MagPul furniture that no one makes for 20ga guns. THAT adapter isn't Bubba, its genius. Its a great design well made making a smooth transition between the smaller action and the larger grip.

I suppose you might be able to convince someone to make you a new mold for 20ga size stocks; but why......

It looks like hell.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 14. And a wakeup.

Actually...it looks pretty good.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

one of the larger issues with making this a reality is not the raptor grip, i can work one of those into a mesa adapter with no real issue. the forend however is a different issue, and i feel thats why the industry is holding off right now. no one makes a good 20ga forend and no one makes a 12-20 forend adapter that is reliable.

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ShopMonkey View Post
    one of the larger issues with making this a reality is not the raptor grip, i can work one of those into a mesa adapter with no real issue. the forend however is a different issue, and i feel thats why the industry is holding off right now. no one makes a good 20ga forend and no one makes a 12-20 forend adapter that is reliable.
    The forend on my 20ga gun is a black polymer that I bought years.... ago.20ga vs 12ga PDW.png (20ga on bottom)

I cant recall who made it. It might have been a Tac Star or some such IDK; but it continues to work.

If Remington is going to bring this out in 20 they may invest in purpose built grips and fore ends.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    I think Mossberg uses the same size receiver for 12 and 20 gauge. ....
    Mossberg 20 ga receivers are slightly narrower than their 12 ga ones, so the 12 ga sized stock or grip is wider by maybe an eighth inch on each side. Not a big deal to adjust with a belt sander. It fits okay otherwise.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by jlwilliams View Post
    If Remington is going to bring this out in 20 they may invest in purpose built grips and fore ends.
    If they plan to sell 5000-10,000 a year, I'd say yes. They don't, so they won't. Could I be wrong? Maybe. Am I wrong on stuff like this on a regular basis? No, no, I'm not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    If they plan to sell 5000-10,000 a year, I'd say yes. They don't, so they won't. Could I be wrong? Maybe. Am I wrong on stuff like this on a regular basis? No, no, I'm not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any information on how many 12 ga tac-14 they have sold so far?
    Below is an ad for the 12 ga from a major internet vendor and looks like someone is buying some.
    The 20 ga should sell as well as the 12 if not better.
    $369.95 Free Shipping!

out of stock
    Last edited by barnetmill; 10-14-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Seems Mossberg is gonna bring out a 20ga too...