Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post

NP3
    METAL FINISHING

NP3 is enhanced even further by adding a Teflon (PTFE) composite directly to the nickel matrix. This enhancement is analogous to the old NP3, but harder and more lubrious. A pistol or slide treated with NP3 will likely never need lubrication, making it excellent for those environments where sand and other environmental factors contra-indicate running a "wet" weapon. As wear occurs, new PTFE particles are exposed and self lubrication continues. Even when the inevitable holster wear occurs, it results in only burnishing the finish without ever getting down to the surface metal. Results in a subtle matte metallic grey that is low profile, but still looks fantastic. Perfect for a weapon that is carried and used. Additionally, its an excellent choice for firearms deployed in wet environments where corrosion is a major concern.

NP3 – THE ADVANTAGES

• Increases reliability
    • It requires little to no oil for lubrication, although we recommend using some oil during break in.
    • Very accurate and even coatings on all activated surfaces.
    • Cleaning is minimal
    • Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
    • NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
    • NP3 is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 250 hour salt spray test.
    • NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; the life expectancy of a firearm is increased due to reduced friction wear.
    • NP3 plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
    • NP3 is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
    • NP3 can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
    • In cases where the NP3 has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.
    • NP3 is guaranteed against corrosion, peeling or flaking for the lifetime of the firearm.

STARTING AT $50 FOR YOUR BARREL
    Gabe , is this the same coating as Aqua-terra ? If not , how do they differ ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RacerRon View Post

Does it differ much from NP3+?
    https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/np3-plus/
    “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell

"Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a 'hermit'
    because he doesn't come over and break your windows.
    "

Is there an option for M4 bolts/carriers? Did not see it at the link...

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by RacerRon View Post

Its the same but I don't have to do a song and dance about Aqua Terra since this is in essence the same and the song and dance has been done.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by azDevilsFan View Post
    The same...we don't have Robar do it so it costs everyone...us and you, less.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

1997 Kimber Classic Custom, NP3'd in 2001, untold number of rounds through it since. Bounced all over my IN tribe as a loaner for class or competition, several here shot it when we hosted a well attended WT range day years ago. Fantastic finish. (Natchez just because 'Murica!)

BBQ 1911 & Bowie.jpg
    God's dog, training to be a lion.

TheYellowDogProject...spread the word.

What is an approximate turn around time for a Glock slide assembly? I think this would make an excellent birthday present to myself ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes375 View Post
    What is an approximate turn around time for a Glock slide assembly? I think this would make an excellent birthday present to myself ;)
    About 30 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Is there an option for M4 bolts/carriers? Did not see it at the link...
    I was wondering the same thing. I have a bolt carrier assembly I would love having this done on, but I'm worried that it would add too much to the dimensions for it to remain reliable.