Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NP3® METAL FINISHING SERVICES

NP3®
    METAL FINISHING

NP3 is enhanced even further by adding a Teflon (PTFE) composite directly to the nickel matrix. This enhancement is analogous to the old NP3, but harder and more lubrious. A pistol or slide treated with NP3 will likely never need lubrication, making it excellent for those environments where sand and other environmental factors contra-indicate running a "wet" weapon. As wear occurs, new PTFE particles are exposed and self lubrication continues. Even when the inevitable holster wear occurs, it results in only burnishing the finish without ever getting down to the surface metal. Results in a subtle matte metallic grey that is low profile, but still looks fantastic. Perfect for a weapon that is carried and used. Additionally, its an excellent choice for firearms deployed in wet environments where corrosion is a major concern.

NP3® – THE ADVANTAGES

• Increases reliability
    • It requires little to no oil for lubrication, although we recommend using some oil during break in.
    • Very accurate and even coatings on all activated surfaces.
    • Cleaning is minimal
    • Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
    • NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
    • NP3® is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 250 hour salt spray test.
    • NP3® has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; the life expectancy of a firearm is increased due to reduced friction wear.
    • NP3® plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
    • NP3® is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
    • NP3® can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
    • In cases where the NP3® has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.
    • NP3® is guaranteed against corrosion, peeling or flaking for the lifetime of the firearm.

STARTING AT $50 FOR YOUR BARREL
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I've been fascinated by high-performance finishes ever since I first heard about them (and I think NP3 was the first one I learned about). I know you offer various options--how would you say they compare to each other?

Guys that don't have access to NP3 will argue anything. NP3 beats everything else so unless your heart is set on a color other than light grey...NP3 is king. The pistol in the image is mine.
    Gabe Suarez

Excellent finish . Had it put on an EGW 1911 years ago . Great gun , great finish. When it is new it feels oily to the touch even though it is dry . Clean the gun with a paper towel , carbon just wipes off.

NP3 is pure magic. Yes a true “wonder finish” that is super slick and makes cleaning EASY. It deserves an infomercial with some guy with a British accent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m thinking Beretta slide...
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Gabe, will this finish be offered on your slides in the near future?
    No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. 2 Tim 2:4

- I prefer dangerous FREEDOM to peaceful SLAVERY

-Discipline = FREEDOM

- Be HUMBLE or get HUMBLED

- Cruce Signati

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1911 View Post
    Gabe, will this finish be offered on your slides in the near future?
    It is already.
    Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    I’m thinking Beretta slide...
    Send it.
    Gabe Suarez

One of my 308 bolt guns I've had since 1995 has NP3 on the bolt, still looks new.