Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HOLSTERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I had a Fricke holster that was like the AA but tuckable.

It was good quality but wasn't a good fit for me. Seems like a simple thing but it adds a lot of material and makes it relatively thick.

I'm sure it could designed differently but I think there's more to it than riveting a flap to it.
    Fricke makes a Seraphim 2 that is like the original but tuckable. I wear one everyday but I added a claw, a foam pad and adjusted the ride height to mine. It works great and is very comfortable but I am sure a holster designer could come up with a more elegant solution than mine. Since you can adjust the soft loops for cant, a holster designed from the ground up to hit all those points would be very adaptable to many users.

Take a look at the Bravo Concealment Torsion design. Don't know if they have a patent on the concept, but that's a palm to the forehead kind of idea ... but it needs loops instead of clips.
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by StealthNeighbor View Post
    ...A positive click (versus just tension) is always welcome.

Sized for a threaded G34 (versus non-threaded) so it'll accommodate all my Glock 9mms (G17 and G19).

Cut-out RMR area (to accommodate multiple types) with body-side protection versus a full hood.

That's about it; thanks for asking!

Edited to add: an easy-on / easy-off dual mag holder "companion" for the single and double-stack holsters would be a welcome addition!
    I am a big fan of the sidecar type magazine accompaniment. Open muzzle ends to accommodate suppressor threading, 17 and 19 in the same holster, etc. is a big deal.

I'd also like to see something adapted for small of the back carry, as currently you have to use off-hand iwb holsters, and it ain't quite right.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

AIWB for DeltaPoint Pro equipped pistols, like the Spectre I got from SI about a year ago (great holster).

If be interested in a sidecar model with real belt loops. No one seems to make one right now.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    Take a look at the Bravo Concealment Torsion design. Don't know if they have a patent on the concept, but that's a palm to the forehead kind of idea ... but it needs loops instead of clips.
    Yup. I tried one for a bit. Slick idea, but I sent it back because of the clips vs loops and because the clips would not allow my hand to get a proper grip on the gun. My middle finger could not get into proper position because it rubbed the clip.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

Appendix, .093 polymer, straps...not clips, adjustable ride height, bottom edges rolled under for comfort in groin/leg area, consider some for Glocks w/ compact lights, like TLR-6

Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    1. Ambi Molle cross draw tactical holster for plate carrier. Adjustable cant. I hate drop leg holsters!
    2. Shoulder rig accommodating RMR'd Glocks.
    3. Single and double IWB mag carriers that ride a bit deeper or belt loops vertically adjustable.
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

For my uses i am most interested in: inside the waist band appendix position, thin, and designed for max comfort.

Should be available for subcompact and pocket size pistols.

I would like to see deep concealment type holsters for pocket pistols.

When applicable the holsters should work with RMRs.

Left hand options are also desired for some guns.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Yup. I tried one for a bit. Slick idea, but I sent it back because of the clips vs loops and because the clips would not allow my hand to get a proper grip on the gun. My middle finger could not get into proper position because it rubbed the clip.
    I thought about sending it back ... but I liked the torsion idea so much I figured I'd try to improve on it. I can get a grip with the clips even though I don't think they are idea - they are workable ... my main complaint was the flange where the two layers of Kydex met digging into my inguinal crease area. A few minutes with a sanding wheel on my Dremel and it's significantly more comfortable!

Here's a before and after shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017