Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought a Gen 3 19 two years ago, I was having the same issue but also with really bad ejection patterns. Like hitting me in the face every other shot bad. Anyways I trouble shot through magazines, recoil spring, etc. Turns out that Glock accidentally installed a .40 SW ejector instead of the 9mm ejector. the small difference in where it was hitting the case was causing both malfunctions. I made the swap myself, it is easy and way cheaper($6.99 part) than sending it back to Glock. Check yours out, ya never know? Also mine was made in USA, not sure if that was contributor or not.

So here is an update. It wasnt user error which I knew it wouldnt be, it wasnt the magazines either. It was exactly what I thought it was. The stupid gen 4 spring. I ordered a factory gen 3 guiderod and spring and a gen 3 spring adapter for the gen 4 and 500 rounds later and it works flalessly. It went from jamming every few mags to 500 rounds without a single malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    So here is an update. It wasnt user error which I knew it wouldnt be, it wasnt the magazines either. It was exactly what I thought it was. The stupid gen 4 spring. I ordered a factory gen 3 guiderod and spring and a gen 3 spring adapter for the gen 4 and 500 rounds later and it works flalessly. It went from jamming every few mags to 500 rounds without a single malfunction.
    I just got a lesson on this myself. I have a Gen 4 G19 that I just RMR'd. It started giving me fits, similar to what you described, which really pissed me off. I figured it was the recoil spring. Did a lot of Googling, found out that my recoil spring had been recalled. The old one is marked "0-3" ... the newest ones are "0-4-3." You can call Glock for a replacement but I found one locally. Everything is great now.

Mine is an early Gen 4 gun ... heck, it didn't even come with the beavertail and when I did fit it with one it doesn't snap in and I had to use epoxy to secure it. No surprise that the recoil spring is outta whack.

Anyway, check recoil springs on Gen 4 guns.

image002.jpg
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 09-26-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    I just got a lesson on this myself. I have a Gen 4 G19 that I just RMR'd. It started giving me fits, similar to what you described, which really pissed me off. I figured it was the recoil spring. Did a lot of Googling, found out that my recoil spring had been recalled. The old one is marked "0-3" ... the newest ones are "0-4-3." You can call Glock for a replacement but I found one locally. Everything is great now.

Mine is an early Gen 4 gun ... heck, it didn't even come with the beavertail and when I did fit it with one it doesn't snap in and I had to use epoxy to secure it. No surprise that the recoil spring is outta whack.

Anyway, check recoil springs on Gen 4 guns.

image002.jpg
    Thanks for the post. Are those the the recoil springs that have been recalled?

Quote Originally Posted by Francisp View Post
    Thanks for the post. Are those the the recoil springs that have been recalled?
    These are the current issue springs. As I said, my recalled spring was an 0-3 ... the replacement (correct) spring is the 0-4-3 as listed above. The numbers are read clockwise for clarity.

I have a Gen 1 Glock 23 with a 9mm barrel and a Gen 3 Glock 19. For compatibility's sake I am looking at Gen 3 adapters for my Gen 4 G19. It's always good to have spare parts that fit across the board.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."