Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OK...my POV...

The shotgun...which the tac14 and SO870 are in essence, are not high duration weapons. They are not used to take and hold ground. They are grab and go weapons thatbsit around until needed. Then they are acessed in the same circumstances as would a pistol...but with a little more warning.

No time to put on special slings and special rigs.

I usually keep a couple of kydex two shot belt clips on the sling. If there is time these can go on your belt. Also a fanny pack with buckshot in one compartment and slug in the other. This can be grabbed up when the shotgun is grabbed up.

Battleaxes do not benefit as much from ancillary gear as rifles do.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I've heard good things about the SOE 12 ga micro rig...

https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/12ga-micro-rig

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    OK...my POV...

The shotgun...which the tac14 and SO870 are in essence, are not high duration weapons. They are not used to take and hold ground. They are grab and go weapons thatbsit around until needed. Then they are acessed in the same circumstances as would a pistol...but with a little more warning.

I usually keep a couple of kydex two shot belt clips on the sling. If there is time these can go on your belt. Also a fanny pack with buckshot in one compartment and slug in the other. This can be grabbed up when the shotgun is grabbed up.

That is why I keep going back to this set up boss. It is simple, and easy and quick to grab. I have used cards in mag pouches, shell loops, ect ect ect and I keep coming back to this. Where the gauge goes the pouch goes.

This is what I used back when hunting bad guys. Two on the left with buck and two on the right with slugs. (I also had 5 rounds in the weapon - buckshot). Nine rounds total on body and gun. I got into alot of fights with the 870 and I never ran out of ammo.

Those interested in these - buy em here - $7.99
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

After trying various things most with elastic loop variations I've been using a neoprene belt that is easy to live with either worn or just thrown over the shoulders! It travels easily in the diaper bag of death or rolled in a suitcase.

Those 2 round kydex carriers look interesting enough that I may have to look closer at them.

SD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Quote Originally Posted by m48shooter View Post
    I run the same thing I was issued a long time ago, an m4 OD green alice pouch. I make a large loop with paracord for crossbody sling and have a leg strap on it. The strap is normally daisy chained for ease of storage and the pouch holds 20 rounds of 12ga. when I need to grab the shottie... stakeout style hide under the mattress great, but holds no extra ammo.. I can pull on the chord, clip the strap and my ammo stays out on my off side and the shells are indexed the correct direction for easy feeding.

Attachment 53522

It is not sexy, but it is KISS and every time I try a "new sexy" system it is slower...
    Thanks for that one I have a bunch of old Alice pouches lying around but never thought to use them I've been taking a stakeout with me when I take donated supplies to Texas and using a poorly suited water bottle pouch. I do plan on getting a couple of the 4 round shotshell caddies

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Singleton View Post
    Thanks for that one I have a bunch of old Alice pouches lying around but never thought to use them I've been taking a stakeout with me when I take donated supplies to Texas and using a poorly suited water bottle pouch. I do plan on getting a couple of the 4 round shotshell caddies

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    The ALICE First Aid Kit pouch is just about the right size to contain a whole box of 25 shells. FYI.

*But I think I would prefer the belt carriers SI carries for ease of access.

Gabe,
    I am carrying the SG with 2 slugs, and
    4 00's in the side saddle & 5 in the tube,
    with the hammer down & safety off. It's
    pretty good to go by itself, but I wanted
    a little more in the car, just in case.

Thanks again for the input.

John

OK...my POV...

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby

Yep I used'em too when I was in Patrol. Officially we weren't allowed to "add anything" to the uniform without written approval, so they sat in my hat until needed. It worked out pretty good since we hardly ever wore our hats; but always had to have them in case of a media event. When I needed the shotgun that involved twisting and reaching across the seat to grab the gun, making grabbing the shells MUCH easier than trying to get to the "official spare ammo" in the glove box. Plus the "official" ammo was in a five shot box, making it anything but easy to reload in an emergency.

These little two shot carriers are great for just about any shotgun need and Gabe's price is better than anything Ive seen locally

So far I have just used what I use with any other shotgun. A bandoleer that I can either throw over my shoulder or clip on around the waist as a belt. It will hold up to 25 rounds if I wanted but I have been playing with only loading every other loop to make grabbing a shell more smooth. I figure 13 on the belt and 5 in the gun should work for most things; I don't want to limit my options due to lack of ammo. It seems to fit the idea of keeping things as simple as they need to be but not simpler.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition