Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How are you carrying the 43?

Looking options for carrying a 43. Not so much npe, more so secure deep carry. I work with youth at church. Sometimes we play games that involve physical activity and my 19 isn't the most easily concealed when doing some of these activities.

Thanks.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

I'm carrying mine AIWB in a Blade Tech Klipit kydex holster. I run it with a +1 pinky extension for 8 in the gun, and also carry a spare mag with +2 extension in a generic kydex mag pouch. Makes for 16 rounds of 9mm on my person. Retention is quite good, and all disappears under a regular, slightly loose-fitting T-shirt or tank top. Attached to a Wilderness 5-stitch belt.

I have played some pretty physical run-around/tag with my 4-y/o daughter and 5 y/o nephew, including forward and backward rolls from running/standing on grass, with no problems.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

http://clipdraw.com/no-bulk-concealed-carry/

I have used this for a long time. On my 19 as well as 43. ZERO issues... I also use something similar to the extracarry mag holder for my extra mag. I looks like a pocket knife clip from the outside... But inside your pants pocket mag is readily accessible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Inside a sporran...at my wedding
    SP-01.jpg
    ...afterwards we played games that involved physical activity

With the NPE holster, it's like it's not there.

https://suarezinternational.com/suar...r-glock-43-42/
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Brent, I looked at those. I assume you're wearing it around the appendix position? Any tips you've learned using them?
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    Brent, I looked at those. I assume you're wearing it around the appendix position? Any tips you've learned using them?

Yes, appendix.

Tips...learn how to manage it when you sit on the porcelain thrown. (That's tongue in cheek but also true.)

The NPE is a deep concealment holster that allows you to carry comfortably with a tucked shirt. As such, it will ride lower as compared to other holsters; the grip will be in contact with your belt line. Faster holsters give your fingers more room to access the grip, so the NPE is a little slower and takes more practice. It's a trade off: a slower draw in exchange for deeper concealment.

The NPE should not be the only holster for your gun. I have an NPE for full size guns and use them occasionally, but generally I'm not as concerned with deep concealment for those guns so I stick with Archangels. I basically only carry the G43 as a deep concealment piece and use the NPE exclusively for it.

One of these days I'll get a lefty holster for when I want to carry the G43 as a back up.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

NPE as Brent says. It's a felony to carry so many places in New Mexico that deep often concealment is necessary. (Not saying I carry where illegal of course, just in theory)
    Trump 2016...because f@&k you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Yes, appendix.

Tips...learn how to manage it when you sit on the porcelain thrown. (That's tongue in cheek but also true.)

The NPE is a deep concealment holster that allows you to carry comfortably with a tucked shirt. As such, it will ride lower as compared to other holsters; the grip will be in contact with your belt line. Faster holsters give your fingers more room to access the grip, so the NPE is a little slower and takes more practice. It's a trade off: a slower draw in exchange for deeper concealment.

The NPE should not be the only holster for your gun. I have an NPE for full size guns and use them occasionally, but generally I'm not as concerned with deep concealment for those guns so I stick with Archangels. I basically only carry the G43 as a deep concealment piece and use the NPE exclusively for it.

One of these days I'll get a lefty holster for when I want to carry the G43 as a back up.
    Thanks.

The most carry my 43 will ever see is probably 2-3 hours per week. My 19 is my primary carry so I completely see your points.

A further note on the NPE. I liked it so much it used to be my almost primary carry holster form my RMRd G17--it just worked so well for me that it was hard to want to use something different. I do have to add that when I used a NPE mag holder with the NPE holster, I discovered some issues when I "drew" both the pistol and the mag. It made my pants (too?) loose because of the sudden change of "waist" size. Using just the holster wasn't noticeable.

A combo of the G43 and its thinner mag might not be as much of an issue