Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: binary triggers

Default binary triggers

Anyone had experience with the binary triggers out there? I've been thinking seriously about dropping the coin on the Franklin Armory Gen III. Seems like it could be very useful in certain situations, and with the option of a very good semi trigger, seems to be a good thing. It certainly would make double taps much easier and should allow for decent dispersion of shots.

A search for "binary" brings up this thread:

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ghlight=Binary
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Originally I was dubious; but now I'm more interested. I still like my Tac Cons; but binary seems worthy of consideration IN SOME SITUATIONS. Its not bump fire foolishness. I like the added feature (using the Tacc Con) on my AR9K (Glock mag semi-set up like a MP5K/PDW). The binary doesn't seem like its something Id want on all my ARs; but I'm open for some

I assume the use of such a trigger is to fulfill the role of squad level machine rifle. If such a trigger came with a selector switch for semiauto and binary it would sound interesting. The big thing is how reliable are binary triggers. The weapon chosen should be capable of withstanding the heat from such operations.
    I am more interested in having a decent trigger than greater ability to discharge rounds more rapidly.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

It is a three position trigger, safe, semi, binary. Fostech and Franklin Armory came out with them a few years ago. ATF legal. One bullet on the pull, one on release. I was leaning toward the Fostech, but you needed a modified bolt (supplied with the trigger). The problem with the Franklin Armory trigger was you could outrun the bolt, but they seem to have solved the problem with their Gen III drop in trigger, so now I'm leaning toward the Franklin. Both triggers run over $400, but I can see a real use possible for the binary trigger in certain instances.

Quote Originally Posted by ronlassit View Post
    It is a three position trigger, safe, semi, binary. Fostech and Franklin Armory came out with them a few years ago. ATF legal. One bullet on the pull, one on release. I was leaning toward the Fostech, but you needed a modified bolt (supplied with the trigger). The problem with the Franklin Armory trigger was you could outrun the bolt, but they seem to have solved the problem with their Gen III drop in trigger, so now I'm leaning toward the Franklin. Both triggers run over $400, but I can see a real use possible for the binary trigger in certain instances.
    Sounds useful. What is the lightest pull wt for the semi auto setting?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by ronlassit View Post
    Fostech has released a newer model that can use your normal bolt now. They even sell a part that can be added on to the first model to give it the same capability
    "It's a cold world, better pack your own heat!" - Redman

T
    WOTU Since

Trigger pull is touted to be 4-5lbs for the triggers in semi. Actual measurements seem to be just a little over 5 in real life.

I surely am no Safety Sally, but a fire on release sounds like an accident waiting to happen. If that is the only similar gun that you run you could get the muscle memory I suppose. I mostly keep the semi rifle triggers pulled back and reset on sight realignment.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    I surely am no Safety Sally, but a fire on release sounds like an accident waiting to happen. If that is the only similar gun that you run you could get the muscle memory I suppose. I mostly keep the semi rifle triggers pulled back and reset on sight realignment.

Choirboy
    Yep its gonna have to be a "learned" method. Still I think I can see some uses for it on some guns. I'm picturing it on PDW type rifles/pistols where some volume of fire is "beneficial"