Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default RMR durability, what should I expect?

Today while putting a coolfire trainer into my RMR g19 the slide fell onto the floor. Basicly the coolfire "barrel" and recoil spring have a smaller gap for the locking plate to fit in, and I've learned the locking plate won't always engage, and as such when I had the gun pointed at the ground the slide slipped off, landed on my foot then struck the concrete floor. The slide and optic showed no signs of impact or scratches. However I immediately notice the zero had shifted, a lot actually, the dot was on the far left side of the screen in fact. Of course I made a mistake, however I surprised the zero shifted and that it shifted that much. My question is, is the RMR that delicate?
    I did remove and reinstall the RMR to see if the zero moved or returned, it did not. Also when the screws broke loose they "snapped" loose
    proving they were indeed tight and the locktite did set up.

Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

I wonder if it had not been tightened down sufficiently. We used to hammer them on a table and then shoot.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

5-7 inch pounds. Blue loctite. Zero, drop, verify zero.

If zero changed contact trijicon.
    Last edited by apamburn; 09-08-2017 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Crack cocaine is a hell of a drug....

I'm pretty sure Gabe recommended about 12 pounds. I could be wrong, but it was fairly recently.

Eta: 5-7 lbs
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ghlight=Torque
    Last edited by baker; 09-08-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gabe recommended about 12 pounds. I could be wrong, but it was fairly recently.

Eta: 5-7 lbs
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ghlight=Torque
    Thanks for the correction.

I'll bet the RMR shifted on the slide,
    and not that the zero moved, especially
    since the majority of the blow was on
    your foot. But, as others have said,
    contact Trijicon if in doubt.

John
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby

Thanks for the correction on the torque specs. I fix German cars for a living and immediately questioned the now editied specs that were posted.
    Im going to shoot and re-zero tomorrow. I'll beat on it a bit and see what happens. Thanks everyone for the input. I've only had this slide for a couple weeks but I have fired roughly 500 rounds through it. Last weekend i spent about 4 hours running drills and working on accuracy. Never once did anything feel "off" and when I removed the screws today they certainly felt gudantight, that's a technical word we German techs use, it's an official spec.
    Be alert, stand firm in the faith, act like a man, be strong. Your every action must be done with love.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    ... they certainly felt gudantight, that's a technical word we German techs use, it's an official spec.
    haha! Love it! I only know enough Deutsche to get me in trouble ... most notably "Ein bier, por favor!"

Or was that "Uno cerveza, bitte" ...?
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

Quote Originally Posted by psalms23dad View Post
    they certainly felt gudantight, that's a technical word we German techs use, it's an official spec.
    thought that was the name for a german virgin ;)
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

There are German virgins?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 14. And a wakeup.