Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What existing parts will fit the Gen5 while we wait for Gen5 parts?

I will be that first time Glock buyer mentioned in the recent blog. I was switching anyway so it seemed like a reasonable idea to go Gen5, I hope I'm not wrong. I'll be new to Glock world so I have no reference.

The gunfighter package isn't in the budget anytime soon so I am mostly interested in face shooter kit. Fortunately barrels are the same. I understand trigger bars are different and I'll have to wait. So what can I do in the meantime to be more at peace with the trigger, will the 43 trigger fit? It seems the trigger is the most significant upgrade one can make on a firearm so this would be nice.

Regarding holsters, I'll find out when it all arrives but Glock spec sheets put the slide width still at 25.5mm. The issue seems likely to come with the right side slide stop, and maybe even the left side as it looks to protrude a bit more. Left hand holsters might particularly be affected. The only time I've ever used the slide stop is when making the gun safe for whatever reason and I am sufficiently used to a left side only setup. If it gets in the way of my chosen holster I expect I can remove it and file off the nub if need be.

So here's hoping the 43 trigger will work.

STAAAHP
    Just stop, don't do anything, the answer is simply NO. A 43 bar will absolutely NOT fit and I'm gonna squash this right now. Very few parts are compatible, for the 19 its the barrel and recoil unit (gen4 or Gen3 adapted). We will be releasing more info in the next couple weeks, just hold your damn horses, this thing literally hit shelves this week. This is not the latest version of Teddy Ruxpin, put in batteries a cassette and flip the switch. Gabe will go into more detail on this as we work things out, but I will say right now, Barrel and recoil unit - 19 - PERIOD. Also already tested the holsters that WE sell, they are good to go on the 17 and 19

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by ex-racer View Post
    I will be that first time Glock buyer mentioned in the recent blog. I was switching anyway so it seemed like a reasonable idea to go Gen5, I hope I'm not wrong. I'll be new to Glock world so I have no reference.
    That is a terrible idea. If this is your first Glock you should get something tried and true not potentially riddled with bugs.

Get a gen4 or gen3.

Quote Originally Posted by apamburn View Post
    That is a terrible idea. If this is your first Glock you should get something tried and true not potentially riddled with bugs.

Get a gen4 or gen3.
    Never. Buy. First. Year. Production. Of. A. New. Model.

There are 1000's of used G3 and G4's on the used market.

Decided I'll get a Gen4 and install face shooter kit instead. Seems there is no compelling reason to go with Gen5 while there are compelling reasons to go with Gen4.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-racer View Post
    Decided I'll get a Gen4 and install face shooter kit instead. Seems there is no compelling reason to go with Gen5 while there are compelling reasons to go with Gen4.
    You will never be sorry going with a Gen 4 Glock.

I have Gen 3's, Gen 4's, and a Gen 5 (G17). The Gen 4's are my favorite by far!

Why not just buy a Gen 3? Seriously...gen 4 did nothing new or good...and Gen 5 will not either. Just get a gen 3 and be done with it.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Why not just buy a Gen 3? Seriously...gen 4 did nothing new or good...and Gen 5 will not either. Just get a gen 3 and be done with it.
    Hey Gabe, for those of us with smaller hands ( I am 5'2", 130#) the Gen 4 without any back-strap gives a shorter distance from back to trigger, which fits my hands better.

Also the revised Mag release button (shape, size and placement) is a vast improvement for small hands.

If you want to customize it, go with Gen 3. I haven't even touched a Gen 5 yet, but I am fairly confident that the quality level is on par with a Gen 3--in stock form. But quality aftermarket parts for the Gen 5 will slowly trickle in over the next several years. They will not appear overnight.

If you look at serious off-roaders, they almost never drive a new truck. Part of that may be the fact that they don't want to scratch up new paint. But part of it is because (a) they are going to replace a bunch of parts anyway, and (b) those parts exist in abundance for a 2004 Tacoma, but do not exist at all for a 2018 Tacoma. If you push the limits of gear, you are never going to get what you want from the factory. There will always be an aftermarket for the people who are willing to spend more to push the limits of performance. But that aftermarket takes time to develop. It's already there for the Gen 3. It's mostly there for the Gen 4. And it's a long ways away for the Gen 5.
    Virtute et Armis

I don't plan on selling anything Gen 5 until I see them proliferate. Triggers as soon as I can access trigger bars. Barrels, sure...they are the same ones...and I have a gen 5 17 threaded barrel. Thusfar one guy bought one. Slides? Don't hold your breath.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters