Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You know...with me what I have been doing is similar but slightly altered. I spent a great deal of time with the Stakeout. I can run it really well. And there is the issue of simplicity and not having more than one way to do things. So what I have been doing is using Stakeout methodology on the full sized stocked weapons as well. That is I stretch the weapon fore and aft. The support hand runs the weapon forward and the firing hand pulls back. I have the same sense that Greg discusses but I don't actually pull into the shoulder. The stock touches but is not pulled into contact. The recoil in in the arms and hands and not so much the body.

Hopefully we can film a good portion of the upcoming SGN class in a few weeks.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

In my experience putting back preassure on the pump of an 870 tends to bind it up and forces you to push forward and then run the action. With my winchester I can run it like crazy by pulling back on the foreend. Even stocked 870s need forward preassure, or stretched as Gabe calls it, in order to not lock up the action.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    In my experience putting back preassure on the pump of an 870 tends to bind it up and forces you to push forward and then run the action. With my winchester I can run it like crazy by pulling back on the foreend. Even stocked 870s need forward preassure, or stretched as Gabe calls it, in order to not lock up the action.
    I said pressure not force. I apply enough pressure that the stock will stay seated with my shooting hand off the gun. I tried the stretch method and it felt really odd to me but other than that filming I've had 0 time on one outside of a pistol grip breecher shotgun so I used that method. I found that my method worked best with the pistol grip due to the height of the bore over the wrist and I just adapted it to the birds head grip.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

There is a rythm to the pump action. Stretch and contract. Stretch it - press the trigger - allow the arms to relax the stretch and contract it to work the action. It is most easily visualized/illustrated with the Stakeout. The class we have coming up is a small one...as expected. Greg and Brent will be there. We will do a good amount of shooting and i am hoping to get a good amount of that on video. As well...after hours discussions at the hacienda on shotguns and their uses. Some will be free content - but nothing is totally free is it.

Another thing I will say is that there is no single "do everything" weapon. All weapons are purpose designed and all weapons can be pressed into duties they were never intended for. As I see the development of the modern insurgencies (Antifa et al), and as the Dragon lady and I shift toward the Junior Staff being on their own, I am leaning more and more TOWARD selecting the 870 as the primary weapon and away from rifles and PDWs. The selection of either was due to a crowded house with potential non-combatants...something that is no longer the case. And something I will likely shift back to when and if there are ever warrior grandkids in evidence.

And for away from home work...honestly looking at reality of conflict...I don't see anything I would personally be involved with that a shotgun would not handle as well if not better than a rifle.

As our illustrious friend would say - Just Sayin...
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

You guys would be amazed at all the good stuff you've received that has come out of Gabe, Brent, and Myself having post class shenanigans at Palacio de Suarez and a couple libations.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

I have seen this as well:

"In my experience putting back preassure on the pump of an 870 tends to bind it up and forces you to push forward and then run the action. With my winchester I can run it like crazy by pulling back on the foreend. Even stocked 870s need forward preassure, or stretched as Gabe calls it, in order to not lock up the action."

Which Winchester model will release the slide as soon as the trigger breaks (without having to push forward and then backward as with the 870)?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I have seen this as well:

"In my experience putting back preassure on the pump of an 870 tends to bind it up and forces you to push forward and then run the action. With my winchester I can run it like crazy by pulling back on the foreend. Even stocked 870s need forward preassure, or stretched as Gabe calls it, in order to not lock up the action."

Which Winchester model will release the slide as soon as the trigger breaks (without having to push forward and then backward as with the 870)?
    I've never had this problem in my life and been using my method forn29 years
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Since a shotty is smooth bore it won't cam in either direction, just back and up so I can see how that could happen.
    Semi-auto shotguns with rotating bolt-heads still cam. Pump-guns, not so much, but it bares mentioning with all the Beretta and Benelli autoloaders out there.