Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Always looking to see what else is coming down the pike . Picked up a barely used Steyr M9a1 . Very impressed . I actually like the sights a great deal

Quote Originally Posted by uglydog03 View Post
    Always looking to see what else is coming down the pike . Picked up a barely used Steyr M9a1 . Very impressed . I actually like the sights a great deal
    The sights are the biggest thing I dislike about that gun.

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Ha... Girl I dated about 10 years ago is married to the dude that wrote that article.

What a small crazy world.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

I see this pistol as an improvement over Gen 3 and 4 on paper ..... I look forward to seeing them late next week -- The finger grooves on the G19 are awful for my hand - Still leaves tins of options for customization of this great platform

Here is my delima. All my Glocks are gen 3. I have 2 G17s. I recently picked up one of Gabe's slides with an rmr. I now have a complete stock G17 upper half laying around and I am trying to decide between selling it and buying this new gen 5, or just buying a gen 3 frame for that slide. Of course I could do both, but I always have family needs to tend to first.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

Gabe hasn't stated whether or not he will be making slides or accessories for the gen 5 any time soon. He has said he sells far more gen 3 stuff than gen 4.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuvuah View Post
    Here is my delima. All my Glocks are gen 3. I have 2 G17s. I recently picked up one of Gabe's slides with an rmr. I now have a complete stock G17 upper half laying around and I am trying to decide between selling it and buying this new gen 5, or just buying a gen 3 frame for that slide. Of course I could do both, but I always have family needs to tend to first.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk
    A gen 3 frame will cost about 1/4 of a Gen 5 with all its proprietary parts.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Gabe hasn't stated whether or not he will be making slides or accessories for the gen 5 any time soon. He has said he sells far more gen 3 stuff than gen 4.
    IMHO the Gen 4 was Glocks answer to the question of frail little girl cops and 40 caliber duty ammo. Now that the 40 is being relegated to the "also ran" calibers (with 38 Super, 357 SIG, and yes...45 ACP) and virtually all agencies and units are using 9mm, the Gen 4 is not so desirable. I have about two dozen Glocks...not a Gen 4 among them.

While I don't see Gen 4 going away...nor Gen 3 for that matter, I think the Gen 5 came about because Glock had tooled up for the US Army contract, fully expecting to win...and now has this new version and no Army guys to sell it to...thus the NEW GEN FIVE FOR THE CIVILIAN MARKET.

I suspect that when we look at it, it will be so similar to the Gen 4 that it is a big shrug...kinda like the MOS system was.

Finger grooves...you know of all the frame mods we do...about 50% of the guys like them and the otehr 50% don't. They are easy enough to remove but not to add. Ambi slide releases? Only a range jack off uses those to release the slide so who cares. Those in the know rack the slide over the top.

The magazine improvement...basically a copy of Magpul at twice the price.

The barrel. Want the truth on that? Yes...it is true...actual rifling is a more acurate barrel with quality ammo than polygonal barels. The guys that like to bumpfire with Tula? They can use any kind of barrel as the goal is not marksmanship, But rifling is more accurate than polygonal. What polygonal does is not engrave he bullet in any way that will distinguish it from one pistol to another. I was in a gunfight with six other guys...all shooting Glocks and HK USPs against a couple of bandits. CSI was not able to pin one bullet to a particular pistol other than the ones that came from barrels with polygonal bores. I dunno if its different today...that was 1996.

Thats it kids.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

No hurry here to get one. But maybe on one of my next GSSF coupon purchases.... after a 17L first.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Default Contradiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    What polygonal does is not engrave the bullet in any way that will distinguish it from one pistol to another.

CSI was not able to pin one bullet to a particular pistol other than the ones that came from barrels with polygonal bores.
    It appears, to me, that you made a mistake with these two statements. Or, maybe it's my public school reading inabilities.
    And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Steven Spaugh