Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shield RMS

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    If I could spec the perfect red dot for my double stack Glocks, it would be Deltapoint glass on the RMR body and electronics. I like the DP Pro glass, it's excellent and far better than the RMR, but don't like the lack of auto brightness for the dot. My RMR sights have been flawless with the auto brightness and are always clearly visible, if Leupold could do that they'd have a better sight.
    Yes to the autobrightness. The glass and the size and configuration of the window are the draw. The auto on/off and easy battery change are nice but not necessary. I wished I'd jumped on the Suarez Deltapoint blem for the G19, too.
    OTOC

Warrior for the working day.

"One pistol is worth a thousand words."

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

I don't know about you guys...but when I spend a few hundred dollars on an optic, I fucking take care of the glass.

But I'm only relying upon it to save lives, so YMMV.

If I get into a real situation where bad shit happens, well that's life. But in training there's no excuse, you should take some extra care to protect your equipment.

My first RMR has no scratches...and $1000 says I've spent more training time rolling around on hard, dirty ground than most.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I don't know about you guys...but when I spend a few hundred dollars on an optic, I fucking take care of the glass.

But I'm only relying upon it to save lives, so YMMV.

If I get into a real situation where bad shit happens, well that's life. But in training there's no excuse, you should take some extra care to protect your equipment.

My first RMR has no scratches...and $1000 says I've spent more training time rolling around on hard, dirty ground than most.
    The RMR lenses are much harder to scratch due to the lenses being coated glass vs bare plastic on the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heckathorn View Post
    The RMR lenses are much harder to scratch due to the lenses being coated glass vs bare plastic on the Shield.

Yes. And? ;)

Plastic and glass both scratch. Coatings scratch. I take care of all my optics because that shit is expensive and I like being able to see through them.

My only point is that I've had RMRs for a long time and subject them to some pretty hard use. And still I somehow manage not to get em scratched up. They have gotten plenty dirty over the years, but I baby them when I clean em. I apply the same care to glass as I would to plastic.

Neither glass nor plastic can be treated like an AK. I'm scratching my head that this seems to be news.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Yes. And? ;)

Plastic and glass both scratch. Coatings scratch. I take care of all my optics because that shit is expensive and I like being able to see through them.

My only point is that I've had RMRs for a long time and subject them to some pretty hard use. And still I somehow manage not to get em scratched up. They have gotten plenty dirty over the years, but I baby them when I clean em. I apply the same care to glass as I would to plastic.

Neither glass nor plastic can be treated like an AK. I'm scratching my head that this seems to be news.
    I still clean my lenses on my RMR's with a T-Shirt, LOL. Only one that's ever scratched is one I (accidentally) dropped a machine screw on. That was also before the tinted lenses, though.

I have mine on a Springfield XDS. Love the fit and function, but the battery life is dismal . Getting 2-3 months out of RMS and Jpoint and already broke the battery tray on RMS.

Remember....we said....light duty optic for ultra CCW weapons. Its not an RMR. The RMS on my 43 has not had any issues...but its a shoot seldom carry seldom weapon. All my big boy go-kill-the-terrorist guns run RMRs.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The RMS is the best $300 optic. The DeltaPoint Pro is the best $400 optic. The RMR is the best $500-$600 optic. The wider the range of features you want, the more you will spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone can come out with a tempered glass screen protector sized to fit the RMS, like the ones you can get for cell phones. Adds hardness, resists scratching, replacable.

You better patent that idea... oops, wait someone else just did...

that is a good idea... makes me want to buy a bunch of the old model phone screen protectors and start cutting