Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shield RMS

Default Shield RMS

How have these been holding up for those that have them?
    "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol."

Just fine so far on my G43.
    Trump 2016...because f@&k you.

It's held up great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

TRAIN WITH PAYNE 2018

​CRG-1 Orange TX January 20-21, 2018

CRG-2 Orange TX March 10-11, 2018

Shotgun Gunfighting San Antonio TX April 14-15, 2018

GS-1 (modified) Kirbyville TX May 19-20, 2018

I used mine on my G26 this weekend past for a class. It got dust on the lens, I didn't roll the cue tip like Shield recommends in their video. I now have scratches on the lens, ;-(((.
    Should have roiled the cue tip, live and learn!!!

On the bright side, it's a great sight picture, better than the Triji, but it does scratch!!!

I have RM07 on G19 and love it, but tried a buddies Shield on G19 and LOVED it more. What an amazing sight picture, no fish eye no color. But I don't like what I am reading here about RMS. I find myself using my shirt on my RMR at the range all the time cleaning.

Why cant we have the best of both worlds...........clear glass???? Is there a particular reason?
    Last edited by turn-r-us; 08-23-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turn-r-us View Post
    I have RM07 on G19 and love it, but tried a buddies Shield on G19 and LOVED it more. What an amazing sight picture, no fish eye no color. But I don't like what I am reading here about RMS. I find myself using my shirt on my RMR at the range all the time cleaning.

Why cant we have the best of both worlds...........clear glass???? Is there a particular reason?
    I think being here you would've learned by now. You get what you pay for. The RMS is a great little sight, but its got a polymer lens. It may be more shock resistant, but plastic scratches, ever had Oakleys?

Do NOT call me an armorer
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of all worlds
    People have asked me if I consider myself a good or bad person. The truth of it is, I don't know or care. I have been called both. I like to think I have saved more lives than I have ended. Either way, I can still sleep at night.
    SEMPER FI

I said from the beginning (didn't I say from the beginning?) (I do believe I said from the beginning)....THE SHIELD IS NOT A F*CKING RMR NOR A DELTAPOINT.

The Shield is not as strong nor as durable as the RMR

(I said that)

The Shield is an aluminum J-Point

(I said that too)

The Shield belongs on guns that are too narrow for RMRs...like the 43...guns that are light duty compromises so you can carry in places you are not supposed to carry.

(I said that as well)

The Shield is attractive because it is about $150 less than an RMR...but ...let me say it again now for those who simply refuse to read or do a search of any sort ....

THE SHIELD IS NOT A ROBUST AS THE RMR AND IS NOT THE BEST CHOICE ON A FRONT LINE FIGHTING WEAPON.

Do I run a Shield? Yes...on a Glock 43 that I carry to places my Glock 17 or 19 would not fit.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by turn-r-us View Post
    Because nothing free and nothing cheap is best. They could make the Shield to be as robust as the RMR but then it would cost the same as the RMR and few would select it instead of the ubiquitous RMR. Look at the Leupold deal. That sight is as good as the RMR but for every DP we sell, we sell a dozen RMRs because they are in the same price point.

Business and profit drives everything....EVERYTHING.

At some point I suspect we will be doing lesser quality slides for things like Fastfires. Would i ever carry one...f*ck no!. But BUSINESS demands we offer these because there are tons of people that want into the red dot world and will buy something of lesser quality...and I would rather have that sale than give it to Boogerhook Tactical.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

"Look at the Leupold deal. That sight is as good as the RMR but for every DP we sell, we sell a dozen RMRs because they are in the same price point."

Maybe better. I have both. The quarter inch or so additional height is a non-issue for me, and the only issues I have with the DP are the need to buy the rear sight separately, the narrow notch on that sight and the lack of a tritium option for it.

Old hot rodders used to say: "Speed costs. How fast do you want to go?"

My long-winded way of saying you get what you pay for.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

2, 11, 17. And a wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Maybe better. I have both. The quarter inch or so additional height is a non-issue for me, and the only issues I have with the DP are the need to buy the rear sight separately, the narrow notch on that sight and the lack of a tritium option for it.
    If I could spec the perfect red dot for my double stack Glocks, it would be Deltapoint glass on the RMR body and electronics. I like the DP Pro glass, it's excellent and far better than the RMR, but don't like the lack of auto brightness for the dot. My RMR sights have been flawless with the auto brightness and are always clearly visible, if Leupold could do that they'd have a better sight.