Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    He would have been justified in the use of his Tazer, the officer gave clear and precise commands to the suspect to stop. The officer should have used the tazer, I still think the pistol in the hand approach would have worked. Ive done it many times.

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    YES YES YES He would have been better off using Pepper Spray. At least pepper spray would have thrown off his aim... and the pleasure of pepper spreads when you allow the prisoner to take a shower
    He would have been justified in the use of his Tazer, the officer gave clear and precise commands to the suspect to stop. The officer should have used the tazer, I still think the pistol in the hand approach would have worked. Ive done it many times. Not making a decision to act is worse than making a decision.

I have dealt with petty criminals---in plain clothes. My tactic has been to get as close as I could, close enough to touch them, before I started talking to them. And I would rest my hand on them as soon as the conversation started (as if we were high school buddies). I don't know if this is viable for a uniformed officer, but I have always felt that distance is not in our favor when the other guy gets the chance to draw first. The other thing is support. I understand the realities of policing, but you cannot enforce without a partner riding along with you.