Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    If a normal person had one of these, what would he be able to acquire and fire through it?
    From what I understand you can... buy/make HEDP.... If you could get someone to sell it to you, you'd have to have a F1/4 per specific round, which means a 200$ tax stamp per round.

That being said. you can probably get smoke, flares, chalk and maybe even CS rounds for the launcher. Or I know that there are "Fireworks" Kits sold which would be a make it yourself.

AH found memories of being deployed to China Lake. We would shoot 155 rounds from an M198 for the Phalanx to shoot down. They were calibrating the system.

I always thought the M23 was supposed to be the multiple round shooter?

Not very mobile, but I sure liked shooting the Mk19.
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

The M203 wasn't a great idea, other than for it being convenient. The new H&K M320 GL we're issued is almost a modernized throwback to the M79...and a *vast* improvement over the M203. It has the capability to do an underbarrel mount, but most of us are just slinging it over the shoulder and using it in a standalone configuration.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    If a normal person had one of these, what would he be able to acquire and fire through it?
    Most guys shoot the chalk rounds for fun. There are smoke and CS/CN and flares including parachute and IR. There are also buckshot rounds and adapters for 12 and 20 ga shells. THIS is where Flechette rounds begin to make sense (larger payload). I'm particularly fascinated by the shells that fire 10+ (I think Ive seen up to 18)rounds of 22LR at the same time. There are also 3 rounds of 410 that fire at the same time.

I seriously doubt youll ever LEGALLY find High Explosive rounds, and if you did they each have a NFA tax and require explosive storage licenses. There are non NFA bird bomb type loads and lots of "roll your own" options.

HONESTLY this is just a "I'm cooler than You" toy, sorta like bringing a 50BMG to the range....but it IS cool. I can satisfy most of my needs with a 37mm launcher (cant legally shoot antipersonnel rounds--but CS/Pepper is ok). IF the guys that built this had been smart, they would also have made 37mm barrels and sold a shite tonne of them

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Most guys shoot the chalk rounds for fun. There are smoke and CS/CN and flares including parachute and IR. There are also buckshot rounds and adapters for 12 and 20 ga shells. THIS is where Flechette rounds begin to make sense (larger payload). I'm particularly fascinated by the shells that fire 10+ (I think Ive seen up to 18)rounds of 22LR at the same time. There are also 3 rounds of 410 that fire at the same time.

I seriously doubt youll ever LEGALLY find High Explosive rounds, and if you did they each have a NFA tax and require explosive storage licenses. There are non NFA bird bomb type loads and lots of "roll your own" options.

HONESTLY this is just a "I'm cooler than You" toy, sorta like bringing a 50BMG to the range....but it IS cool. I can satisfy most of my needs with a 37mm launcher (cant legally shoot antipersonnel rounds--but CS/Pepper is ok). IF the guys that built this had been smart, they would also have made 37mm barrels and sold a shite tonne of them
    I got a guy in Austin that deals and manufactures Class III. He can get anything from recoilless rifle rounds to 40mm grenades....if you got the money for it.

He's got A storefront full of recoilless rifles and machine guns too, if you're interested.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.