Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 Drop

Default SIG P320 Drop

I am a big SIG fan, but this is concerning. I don't own a 320, but figured the information might be helpful to someone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7si_VQsGA

Droid did it!

It's been all over the P320 Fakebook pages. So far none of the people who are in tight with SIG have responded publicly.
    RDS Pistol School - June 24-26, 2016, SGF-1 - April 29-30, 2017

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b...kwQ243TWs/view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well....back to that hated and despised Austrian pistol.......
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Oh well....back to that hated and despised Austrian pistol.......
    Its just that glocks are boring and reliable and haven't changed in 20 years, just, you know, working;aim pull trigger bang,aim pull trigger bang...Come on, how about a little excitement now and then.

You know...we had almost pulled the trigger on a number of SIG 320 accessories for the holidays after some R&D. We won't be continuing with this project at this juncture, and may discontinue any and all services for the 320.
    Gabriel Suarez

Oh the tragedy of it all.....you'd think before adopting a new pistol the military would have intentionally dropped a few loaded guns in testing to make sure they were in fact drop safe....that nice trigger press comes at a potentially hefty price.

There is a reason that Colt "pre Series 80" 1911s have a smoother trigger than the Series 80 guns....but there is also a reason that there is a drop safety in the series 80s..... maybe in a combat gun the slightly smoother trigger pull is not needed as much as the gun not going off if it is dropped is needed....oh well...back to the drawing board.

Like the Sig rep told the FBI when the Sig 250 failed their reliability test..."Reliability isn't everything"....apparently safety isn't either.

Now...do I think every 320 is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off? No. And do I think that it is a "bad gun" ? No. But it is also only a few years old and probably does not have all the bugs worked out yet. Again...I'm not giving up my Glock anytime soon.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 08-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP,CDP, CCP, BUG, CO
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

You know...I always say business is war. The timing of this...well...it is just too good isn't it?
    Gabriel Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    You know...I always say business is war. The timing of this...well...it is just too good isn't it?
    Exactly what I was thinking the other day
    Being an AMERICAN is not a matter of birth, but rather a matter of attitude, desire for freedom (true freedom) and a choice. Gabe Suarez

"We have now sunk to a depth at which re-statement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." - George Orwell