Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlah View Post
    For me it is about perfecting perfection. ;)

I have several G19s that I have sent out for grip reductions, stippling, undercuts, etc. Often to the tune of several hundred dollars (on top of the cost of the gun).

For $150 and an hour of my time I can get the same thing from Polymer80. I could care less if it has a serial number or not. If someone made a complete frame with the same features and a similar price, I would have no issue buying that. But nobody does.

I have several SBRs, SBS and suppressors. I have no doubts that I am already on "a list" somewhere. It's not about "ghost guns" for me, it's strictly about features and price.
    Perfection in a Polymer 80 pistol
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Perfection in a Polymer 80 pistol
    As with all things DIY, there are a lot of people "building" them that have no business even holding a dremel or running a drill. But with a little time and attention to detail, they can (and will) run just like any other Glock... with better ergonomics, and for a lot less money.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

For people who are concerned about the non-serialized part of it: There is a company (Atomic Engraving) that will engrave a custom serial number on the metal plate in the unfinished frame before sending it to you to complete. It adds $30 to the cost of the frame kit, but it meets all of the BATFE requirements for depth, font size, etc.

Dont knock ot til you tried it?

Like meth, sodomy, and suicide...sorry...not interested in those nor in garage made receivers. After all is said and done...you could have bought a Glock lower on a 4473 for $200, not had to garage gunsmith it to get it working, and be able to carry it and shoot any bad guy with it without any associated baggage.

You are just NOT going to win this arguement bro.
    Gabe Suarez

I have seen stripped Glock frames on sale for half the price of a polymer 80. Not for me either. Especially the AR receivers when you can easily get a complete one for 50-100

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk
    Abortion is sacrificing your child on the alter of convenience....Adrian Rogers
    Soli Deo Gloria

I agree with you on the ghost gun idea. I figure I am already on a list anyways having NFA items.

Can someone explain the "We recall the "You're F*cked" dust cover as one poignant example." or point me to where I can read about it?

Thanks
    Common sense is not a common virtue!

Well trust me that in today's day and age, using a weapon that is illegal in your area to kill another, legally or not, will not go well for you. Nor will you be able to fulfill the fantasy of ditching the weapon and disappearing like Jason Bourne. Third world maybe...here in the USA...sorry bro...that is just a fairy tale.
    My mistake. I thought we were discussing unserialized firearms. Those are not necessarily illegal to have but do raise suspicion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont knock ot til you tried it?

Like meth, sodomy, and suicide...sorry...not interested in those nor in garage made receivers. After all is said and done...you could have bought a Glock lower on a 4473 for $200, not had to garage gunsmith it to get it working, and be able to carry it and shoot any bad guy with it without any associated baggage.

You are just NOT going to win this arguement bro.
    I was thinking more along the lines of "chocolate dipped bacon, peanut butter and banana sandwiches and sky-diving", but...

Not trying to win any argument, really. I figured that out years ago when my Dad (a retired tool-and-die maker with a not-your-typical garage full of machines and tools) and I built a handful of 0% AR lowers from raw forgings as father/son project. We heard all the same stuff back then. I'm just presenting the other side. Playing "the devil's advocate" if you will.

If you can point me towards a $200, 4473 Glock lower with finger humps removed, trigger guard undercut, grip reduction, extended beavertail and full stipple job, I will happily buy 5 of them, baggage or no.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlah View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of "chocolate dipped bacon, peanut butter and banana sandwiches and sky-diving", but...

Not trying to win any argument, really. I figured that out years ago when my Dad (a retired tool-and-die maker with a not-your-typical garage full of machines and tools) and I built a handful of 0% AR lowers from raw forgings as father/son project. We heard all the same stuff back then. I'm just presenting the other side. Playing "the devil's advocate" if you will.

If you can point me towards a $200, 4473 Glock lower with finger humps removed, trigger guard undercut, grip reduction, extended beavertail and full stipple job, I will happily buy 5 of them, baggage or no.
    There IS NO Devil's Advocate here. You can make all manner of toys and play with them all day. One of these homemade guns is a bad idea when you are standing over the dead guy and are pondering that important call. Starting the day with THAT to surmount is a foolish idea. At the end of the day the "other reason" is many in the gun industry are cheapskate bastards that will overlook the open boils on the cheap hooker because she is such a good deal. Those type of people I have nothing for at all...no training, no products, and no advice other than get a second job and buy a quality pistol.

That is all.
    Gabe Suarez

IMG_1604.jpg
    Pretty much my opinion on 80% lowers...
    "We must all suffer one of two things: The pain of discipline, or the pain of regret and disappointment." -Jim Rohn

"...[M]any in the gun industry are cheapskate bastards that will overlook the open boils on the cheap hooker because she is such a good deal..."

Almost soaked my not-so-SmartPhone with my iced tea w/ that 'visual!' .
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)