Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchV View Post
    ..... all done on the same bench, using the same misaligned fixture, followed by the same lack of quality control.
    Sounds plausible.

I seem to recall back in the FAL days, a certain company reached out to military bases, looking for guys who wanted extra cash to build FrankenFALs...no gunsmithing experience required.

I doubt youll get any more detailed answer

A few years back I bought a Century Yugo underfolder. It came with a new barrel, a new receiver, and the canted front sight. I paid $325, so what was Century getting for that? $200, maybe $225? The distributor and retailer both had to make something on it.

Quality Control is expensive. And the prices on better rifles reflect that. Century serves the other end of the market. They've probably got a few guys with basic tools assembling the parts. They're definitely from the "hey, it's an AK, who cares" mindset.
    Making the bad man go away since 1982.

Okay, the thread is almost dead, but here's the background.

A while back I saw the new Century "American Made" AK at a retail place. I asked to see it, placed it on a flat surface and found a straight edge. I lined it up to the front sight tower... just like always, it's canted. I look at the retail guy and said, "you'd think they'd of fixed that by now." He looks back at me and says, "It's always in the same direction."

Everyone says it's a quality control issue, but quality control issues are random; some will cant right, some will cant left. The circumstances here say otherwise. If every car rolling off the Ford assembly line has it's left front wheel fall off after 1000 miles, it's not a quality control issue, it's an engineering issue. In the case of the Century rifle, the cants are always the same direction.

I was hoping that an AK armorer was somewhere in the crowd.

Cacti Rat. I think it is a good question and I too would have like to see have an answer. My century branded WASR came with a right slanted muzzle break that the push the bullets to the right in the same direction that my sight post was canted. The slant was to counter balance IMO the rise to the right in FA. I do not know if there is a connection between muzzle break deflection and sight cant. Just an observation. Oh I removed the slant muzzle break by the way.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Fuller; the guy who knows the AK inside out... he knows, but he won't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    Did you ask him in some way? I have not seen him post here at WT in a very long time. This is not for some time AK centric.
    It looks like he sold his business
    March 15, 2017 http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ifle-dynamics/
    Rifle Dynamics owner Jim Fuller took to Facebook to announce that he was approached by a ‘group of long time friends’ to sell the company and that he has accepted the offer. Fuller has not yet disclosed the buyers nor the sale price and only offers that more information will be available soon.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Cacti Rat View Post
    If he won't say then how do you know?
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day