Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Prayer out....
    There are two types of pain in this world, one of discipline, and one of regret. - Greg Nichols

Because most like the idea of being a warrior more than the reality of it. - Dave Sauer

Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

Prayers sent.

Thank you to all. These last couple days have shown me a lot of clarity. I poured so much of myself into maintaining this marriage that I've neglected so many other things. Family and friends have seen this coming and I was blind to it. I attributed many of her quirks and swings as "woman" or her "artsy eclectic nature. I see now that she is Bipolar Manic after overwhelming evidence has been given to me from so many close to us. God saved our marriage 2 years ago when He did amazing works in me. She was dishonest and faked her happiness. I see now that God did do amazing work, but it is in me and hopefully my daughters too. I truly hope that their mom seeks help because she will not find this unattainable happiness she is looking for. It is a manic fantasy. God has given me so much strength and support. I will be ok and ultimately I will be better off. I deserve better and I can rest in knowing that I gave 100% as a husband and was true to God in my vows. The woman I married was broken and I must treat this as if she had died. Because she is truly gone, who she is now is a stranger to me. Please continue your prayers as these next months will be my greatest challenge.

Prayers lifted, brother...

It'll be an emotional roller coaster for some time...but your writings already show a good amount of progress, clarity and the start of healing... (remember, the scab is temporary; the scar tissue takes time and, eventually, only you - and some close friends and family - MAY even see it!)

Know that you don't want to be stuck in any one phase (shock, denial, posturing, anger, mistrust, compensatory / destructive behaviors, if any, etc.). Anger is the easiest emotion...the least effective...and the most destructive in the long run.

Do all things with your children first and foremost in your thoughts...and take some time for yourself, too. "Selfish" means "pertaining to the self" and is not necessarily a bad or conceited thing; like Covey's "sharpening the saw," a little investment in yourself can pay strong dividends once time has healed that (at the moment, fresh) scar...

We're only a PM or email post away, if you need to talk thru things...
    Last edited by StealthNeighbor; 08-05-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Bob
    a.k.a. StealthNeighbor
    CRG-2 / CRG-3 / CRG-4 / HITS-8 / HRO-5 / RGF-1

"Tell me and I forget.
    Show me and I remember.
    Involve me and I learn."
    --
    quote often attributed to Benjamin Franklin

"I came into this world kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
    I have absolutely no issues going out in exactly the same manner."
    --
    unknown (lots of variants)

Prayers lifted. I know many who have been through very similar situations. Stay strong to your faith and you will be fine.

Prayers sent.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Prayers are working gents. We are cohabitating while we work this split. Very challenging months ahead. So far so good.

Prayers for you and your family.

Prayers sent...