"Sir please put down the hammer"

Good example of over shoulder.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    That sling doesn't do anything more than the magpull one for the same price which I use. It's just a convertible 1pt/2pt sling, nothing really special about it. I still recommend a 2 point off the body for CQB as re clipping to the rifle is slower and more complicated than draping it around your neck.
    I was thinking about the issues with a 2 point sling hanging on the rifle when unslung and moving/fighting. Are you saying that you aren't worried about that? I just thought it was interesting to think about leaving the sling on the body (yet tight and not hanging loose) vs leaving it on the rifle. The way I understand it, if you go with a normal 1 point then the sling can be tight to the body but you don't have the option of going to 2 point. If you go to 2 point and hook or unhook then you have a looser sling hanging on you when unhooked. With this one, it stays tight like a 1 point but it gives you the option of going to 2 point to go on the back without trying to be loose enough to fight in 2 point configuration.

Anyway, I haven't taken any of the CQB classes yet so this is just theoretical for me so far, just thought I'd mention it because it sounded like an intriguing concept.

Sling management.

IMG_9519.jpg
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by mike135 View Post
    I was thinking about the issues with a 2 point sling hanging on the rifle when unslung and moving/fighting. Are you saying that you aren't worried about that? I just thought it was
    nteresting to think about leaving the sling on the body (yet tight and not hanging loose) vs leaving it on the rifle. The way I understand it, if you go with a normal 1 point then the sling can be tight to the body but you don't have the option of going to 2 point. If you go to 2 point and hook or unhook then you have a looser sling hanging on you when unhooked. With this one, it stays tight like a 1 point but it gives you the option of going to 2 point to go on the back without trying to be loose enough to fight in 2 point configuration.

Anyway, I haven't taken any of the CQB classes yet so this is just theoretical for me so far, just thought I'd mention it because it sounded like an intriguing concept.
    The 1 point is for vehicles that might explode so you take your rifle with you if you get thrown free. in CQB it's a cool guy concept along with the vfg, handy but not necessary
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Sling management.

IMG_9519.jpg
    yes, not sexy but you should, inside close confines
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

If you are working in structures, tight and clean should be your motto. Snags = time, time= injury. keep it smooth.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Better equipment is always a good thing but 'more complicated' does not equal 'better'.

With slings, simpler is usually better IMO. Quick adjustment is often a good thing but for this...I'd rather just hang onto it. Equipment is for the things I can't do. I'd rather manage the sling myself than rely on an equipment fix in this case.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Kansas
    Pistol Groundfighting, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Better equipment is always a good thing but 'more complicated' does not equal 'better'.

With slings, simpler is usually better IMO. Quick adjustment is often a good thing but for this...I'd rather just hang onto it. Equipment is for the things I can't do. I'd rather manage the sling myself than rely on an equipment fix in this case.
    Great points.... simple wins in close confines.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Wow I would have thought this would have generated more discussion
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual