Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueeDAB View Post
    Language can be important. I hate the word “fight” sometimes. We should only really fight (as in “take the fight to someone”) if we fuck up what should have been a “hit”. Lions don’t fight gazelle. Wolves don’t fight deer. They just hunt, kill, and eat them.

Fighting is Peripheral Nervous System stimulating. Floods the body w stress hormones. Can be useful but ya might throw up after. Studies of big cats, wolves: Predatory killing is all Central Nervous System stimulation. It’s chemically rewarding in the same manner as eating, getting laid, or taking good drugs.

THAT would make for an interesting discussion point. In my various "events", I was amped up, but not emotionally invested. My heart was active but not racing...I was in control ON PURPOSE. When done, and the responding units on scene to contain, I went and sat in my ride and ate my lunch, or listened to music, or even took a nap once. No emotional outburst or tears or vomit. The bad guys were not my equals...they were prey.

I agree on the word thing but I suspect you won't be able to sell a chief on Attack, Run Away, Freeze, Fear Bite, Bend Over
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Fighting is Peripheral Nervous System stimulating. Floods the body w stress hormones. Can be useful but ya might throw up after. Studies of big cats, wolves: Predatory killing is all Central Nervous System stimulation. It’s chemically rewarding in the same manner as eating, getting laid, or taking good drugs.
    Interesting. I've never heard it articulated that way and never considered it in that light, but looking back I realize that I have experienced it both ways. I'll be ruminating on this.
    Virtute et Armis

We used to think Fight or Flight.

It’s probably closer to Fight (hit in throat), Flight (run away), Freeze (rabbit hoping wolf hasn’t seen it), Faint (pass out), Fawn (emotional submission), or Flex (posturing, or FA in context of thread).

Language can be important. I hate the word “fight” sometimes. We should only really fight (as in “take the fight to someone”) if we fuck up what should have been a “hit”. Lions don’t fight gazelle. Wolves don’t fight deer. They just hunt, kill, and eat them.

Lions do fight lions. Not all our adversaries are going to be junkies looking for a fix.

"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Have you ever tried to manipulate a person who wasn’t afraid? How did it work out for you?
    Just because they can't feel fear doesn't mean they can't feel pain....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_two View Post
    Just because they can't feel fear doesn't mean they can't feel pain....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5rOiW_xY-kc
    I was born for a storm, and a calm does not suit me. - Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    Exactly! I'm not afraid of R.E.M......but that song is painful enough to make me exit with haste....

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
    Lions do fight lions. Not all our adversaries are going to be junkies looking for a fix.

Agreed. Americans seem to always minimize their adversaries. Most of mine were bad lions...but lions nonetheless.
    Gabriel Suarez

Gabriel Suarez

HERE IS ANOTHER - TIMELY PIECE I THINK GIVEN THE DISCUSSION

HUNTING THE ACTIVE SHOOTER - SMARTLY
    Gabriel Suarez